1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll happily eat crow on this and say it looks a lot closer to the prototype there.

Of course that begs the question of why it looks so terrible in the HK blogger photographs. The jaw and eyes look completely wrong in those pics, yet they look fine in that video...

There's just so many cases of figures that just don't photograph well but look great in hand or in video. That's why it's dangerous to start cancelling pre-orders from pictures

I just don't think it looks that much like Arnold, the profile shots are laughable in the likeness department

I shall say no more

11751320_449864691841411_1600841331_n.jpg

I do like the body though, i know a lot don't like rubber bodies but i have no problem if they look good and i think they pulled it off.

The body looks great.
The gear looks fantastic.
The sculpt in Clippers vid looks slightly better than what we've seen compared to all the other pics but that proto head top notch! The margin of quality between the it and the mass produced sculpt seems it should've been closer.
I would say that new marvel stuff does probably crowd out these older classic licenses and I would agree that hot toys could be more consistant if they trimmed the fat in the way of licenses.
But that leaves me wondering if terminator, aliens, predator era stuff would be the fat and they would stick with Marvel.
Frankly I'm marvelled out. None of those designs appeal to me with the exception of a mark here or there. They're just too many iconic and superior comic looks to those characters that aren't being utilized in the movies.

Loving the look of this figure and can't wait to get it. One of my most wanted for a long time. Looks like Arnie to me and I'm looking forward to taking pics of this guy.

Do you guys think this figure will look better with a custom DX10 head? I would like to see that.

It's funny, I was just thinking this has potential as a replacement for the DX10 head. Granted I don't have this in hand yet but I'm pretty sure the DX10 still holds the top spot for softness and weak paint apps. Plus the PERS didn't take too well.

Back