1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My God... seriously who would want to take Hulk's pants off?.. :thud:

But seriously though, if you never take the vest off, you won't likely even know the staining has occurred. The problem is, this particular Arnie fig has the extra camo and is the sort of fig you might pose bare chested...

Just used the hulk pictures as an example of what it looks like when the clothing stains the body. I only removed them because I had read about the issue on here. But yeah, after I did it, I was like, what was the point, I'm never going to pose him without pants. LOL.

Well i like the new muscle body HT made for this guy and feel like it should be looked at once and a while, but without a bennet figure or an m60 machine there is not much point posing him with no vest. Now my concerns are making sure no buttons fall off and nothing gets broken putting the vest together/on. Gonna be a long wait though. On a side note are stains removable?

Well i like the new muscle body HT made for this guy and feel like it should be looked at once and a while, but without a bennet figure or an m60 machine there is not much point posing him with no vest. Now my concerns are making sure no buttons fall off and nothing gets broken putting the vest together/on. Gonna be a long wait though. On a side note are stains removable?

Apart from that I want him in an iconic vested up pose, he is the Arnie figure who is not only accessorised to the max, but you can pretty much equip him with everything and keep it screen accurate.. (the likes of the Terminators, one or two of the guns will always end up stored in the box)

I know the best photo I've seen of the mms 238 was by jingobell with the laser sighted pistol.

Maybe not movie accurate but I like as many options as I can get. A little bit of fellow collectors imagination can be appreciated too.

The price increase for impatient e-bay purchasers is the norm with all Hot Toy releases. If I get this, and a big if with the current $ being devalued in Canada, I will at least know from Lenart and others what to expect and the pit-falls with this release. Staining is not a deal-breaker for me, as others have stated its par for the course with these rubber bodied figures.

I mean on those type of figures/areas it's not a big issue... is anyone actually going to pose their Hulk butt naked?

Yeah, I wouldn't really mind if a figure like Hulk or the Terminator get stained underneath their pants or shirt when they're meant to have their clothes on.

A figure like this though where the bare chest is optional is a different story.

It sounds like cutting up a 1/6 t-shirt to fit under the vest, without showing, wouldn't be too hard to do.
The reason I had to pass on this, is the lack of any torso articulation. I don't necessarily need an ab crunch, but at least some swivel is necessary (in my opinion). I think almost all of my figures are posed right now with some torso movement (even if it's minimal)...

I just recently had my 238 posed with the 45 in a promo pic inspired look. Scene accuracy is fun but I'd never limit my poses to movie scenes only.

Fair point.. :duff ...

All my figures I keep in one pose for display, which I may tweak over time when I want to change stuff... I haven't yet got the level of confidence to swap heads and hands any more than I need to, and try varying poses to either take photos or just mix my display up

My Marvel stuff my aim is just to have the set look alright together, without getting too adventerous or too boring. (most experienced collectors would say mine errs more towards boring, but I'll get there) ... My growing Arnie collection I'd like to try and get movie accuracy accessorising "within reason". Especially as his Battle Damaged stuff is fairly specific to specific parts of the movie... well, even Tech Noir is, not that I'll ever get my hands on that.. I won't be doing the pose I'd ideally like with this piece because of the risk to the arm having such an extreme bend..

The hulk staining worry was when you bent him at the waist, then the black pants would stain across the lower stomach

Fair point.. :duff ...

All my figures I keep in one pose for display, which I may tweak over time when I want to change stuff... I haven't yet got the level of confidence to swap heads and hands any more than I need to, and try varying poses to either take photos or just mix my display up

My Marvel stuff my aim is just to have the set look alright together, without getting too adventerous or too boring. (most experienced collectors would say mine errs more towards boring, but I'll get there) ... My growing Arnie collection I'd like to try and get movie accuracy accessorising "within reason". Especially as his Battle Damaged stuff is fairly specific to specific parts of the movie... well, even Tech Noir is, not that I'll ever get my hands on that.. I won't be doing the pose I'd ideally like with this piece because of the risk to the arm having such an extreme bend..

I do happen to be selling my Tech Noir Terminator. Check out the link in my sig if you're interested.

Well the problem with the shirt underneath the vest option is that part of the chest shows through at the top of the vest. I am not sure how u would hide that and i like the pecks showing through at the top. Maybe one of those muscle shirts with the thin shoulder area.

The only thing that I still find a potential problem with a shirt underneath is that it adds another layer under the vest that fits very tight as mentioned.
It would really suck if that zipper popped.

There will be a lot of trial and error with this one I think.

Last edited:
Back