1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These two pictures highlight brilliantly the way different lighting can make the same piece look completely different.
they are absolutely the same - some fat guy with no face details :D

Okay so it isn't completly accurate, but it ain't THAT bad! :p
I am just glad we atleast got a Commando release between all the Star Wars and Marvel releases!

I am going to have to chime in and say this figure more or less sucks. It sucks they showed such a good promo and then released this,...the movie was a classic of the 80's many of us watched on TV and never saw in the theatre and the movie itself, if you are really being honest, blows. It literally is in the Hall of Fame of bad action movies and was ribbed for how John Matrix could stand there while 10 guys were firing machine guns at him, not taking a single round while he shoots them all. Don't even get me started on the jumping from the plane during take-off and running off like he jumped off a tri-cycle.
However, if they had really nailed this I would have gotten it to keep company with Sgt Barnes. But, they didn't and when Battle Damaged Robocop and Marty McFly are so good,...this just sticks out all the more. It looks like a $120.00 collectible. I don't see $250 in it at all. The Indiana Jones set, which I passed on due to the sculpt, was the same price and came with the Kitchen sink. Even though the sculpt was off, the rest of the package made the price at least plausible.

So, yeah.......for someone who isn't trying to buy very many of these and only wants Jack Joker, Battle Damaged Robo type quality in their humble collection, this guy gets the big Doo Bee Doo Doo Award. The old E for effort.

I think the soundtrack may have been the best thing about Commando (and Alyssa Milano), but if this guy hits $120, I will re-consider.

Ok so what we have is the best representation of Commando the film.
However, I think most of us want the best representation of Arnold AS Commando the character.

Disappointed viewpoints are especially valid when they showed it was capable to do better with the prototype. Then there are all the unexpected negatives as well. The lack of articulation when we've seen body designs that have reached a happy medium between function and appearance. The vest issue is something they could 've and should've addressed before realease.

Plus there is the price. Not horrible in terms of everything HT but compared to other 1/6 manufactures, steep as usual and expected from HT.
But since they charge the current market high in the hobby, I and many others have a right to hold them to a higher standard. I tend to agree when people voice their opinion and concern. I find most of the complaints about this particular release pretty valid.

I for one would like to thank everyone for their critique in hopes that HT is taking note and future releases benefit.

Last edited:
I am going to have to chime in and say this figure more or less sucks. It sucks they showed such a good promo and then released this,...the movie was a classic of the 80's many of us watched on TV and never saw in the theatre and the movie itself, if you are really being honest, blows. It literally is in the Hall of Fame of bad action movies and was ribbed for how John Matrix could stand there while 10 guys were firing machine guns at him, not taking a single round while he shoots them all. Don't even get me started on the jumping from the plane during take-off and running off like he jumped off a tri-cycle.
However, if they had really nailed this I would have gotten it to keep company with Sgt Barnes. But, they didn't and when Battle Damaged Robocop and Marty McFly are so good,...this just sticks out all the more. It looks like a $120.00 collectible. I don't see $250 in it at all. The Indiana Jones set, which I passed on due to the sculpt, was the same price and came with the Kitchen sink. Even though the sculpt was off, the rest of the package made the price at least plausible.

So, yeah.......for someone who isn't trying to buy very many of these and only wants Jack Joker, Battle Damaged Robo type quality in their humble collection, this guy gets the big Doo Bee Doo Doo Award. The old E for effort.

I think the soundtrack may have been the best thing about Commando (and Alyssa Milano), but if this guy hits $120, I will re-consider.

Yeah its bad but its not 120 dollar bad.. and you'll never see it priced at $120. If anything the price will increase.

Only in a rerun. I have this guy heading my way from Hong Kong and I'm not ashamed to say I'm excited to get him. I think he has a lot of good kitbash fodder and his head is a nice candidate for Conan. For those of us still playing with Sideshow dollies in 2009 who missed out on Dutch this isn't a bad replacement figure IMO.

The-Running-Man-011.jpg

Make him next HT. :pray:

i think the likeness is pretty good when looking from the side.
but from the front, its a bit off.

commando 1.jpg
commando 3.jpg

Shells, that looks good, BUT you put varnish on a Hot Toys rubber body :slap it might melt or worse hasten cracking on the elbows. Might. Otherwise I like what you did.

Back