1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is easy solution for vest not to stain just rap a small thin layer of ace bandage on him or same stuff called coban bandage grips or sticks together and u wouldnt notice it under the vest.

image.jpg

There is easy solution for vest not to stain just rap a small thin layer of ace bandage on him or same stuff called coban bandage grips or sticks together and u wouldnt notice it under the vest.

That's why I'm going to try super thin roller gauze bandage..

Why not use some clear plastic wrap you would use to cover food? Seran wrap or something. Or is there some worry about that reacting with the rubber body?

Rubber and plastic can weld together. I have seen it happen with cheap tackle boxes and rubber jigs. The end result looks pretty cool/kind of amusing. The plastic box and the rubber has become one, but it's a terrible waste of money.

Rubber and plastic can weld together. I have seen it happen with cheap tackle boxes and rubber jigs. The end result looks pretty cool/kind of amusing. The plastic box and the rubber has become one, but it's a terrible waste of money.

^^^ This, that is why i dont want to use plastic but a shirt will show somewhat too. I am going to just run with it, hopefully it wont stain too bad and i dont plan on posing him vest-less anyway.

If Hot Toys have dyed the material, cut the clothing then put it on the figure without washing the material first, I would think there is a great chance of the dye coming off onto the figure. If anyone is willing, I would suggest taking the vest, handwashing it somehow probably in cold water (not hot as may shrink material), then leaving it to air-dry. It would be interesting to see if the dye colors the water. This is speculation and a guess on my part, and there is a danger the vest would fade. But I'm just throwing that out there as a possible solution to stop it or at least lessen the risk of it staining the rubber figure body. :)

****, I just broke down and ordered this. One of my all time favorite movies and the first movie I pirated ( I have since outgrown such things) as a school boy, by 88-89 I had seen Commando over 50 times.

Besides, I have two MMS238 how much worse can this one look in hand? :dunno

Great suggestion from Space Jockey
...Might do the trick and I would say any fading would be minimal.

Like I said earlier lots of trial and error here on this fig. Suggestions appreciated.

I plan on using a spare body made of plastic just like many customs before this. Paint the camo onto the arms to hide the joints. Keep his standard body risk free of stains to repose strictly vestless should I get bored with the vest on display. That's IF I get him

Man, man, man. I don't know what to do. I've been refraining from posting until more reviews and in hand pics started rolling around, but not to many more are surfacing.

In some eBay head shots and certain other pics it doesn't look as soft as in others. Also in some pics it appears like it's the same sculpt as the proto that just took a bigger hit than usual in production, while in other pics it looks like there was some distortion to the sculpt itself.

DAMN. I'm really torn over this one. I pretty much always know early on what I want and what I don't. I know what's a pass and what's a purchase pretty much from day 1. Not being someone who's indecisive with these things I NEVER cancelled on anything to date. It'll be a heart-breaker if Matrix ends up being my first one. Was really looking forward to this as someone who watched this movie to death back in the days.

Over the next few days I have to study all of the available in hand pics and compare them to the protos to come to a final conclusion. I really wish that this was a no-brainer :mad:

My God... seriously who would want to take Hulk's pants off?.. :thud:

'' I'll be back Bennett ''

Only in a rerun. I have this guy heading my way from Hong Kong and I'm not ashamed to say I'm excited to get him. I think he has a lot of good kitbash fodder and his head is a nice candidate for Conan. For those of us still playing with Sideshow dollies in 2009 who missed out on Dutch this isn't a bad replacement figure IMO.

Shipped... (to the rental house), and I have my DX-13 Terminator waiting (at the rental house)... going to be a good Hot Toy Arnie day next Monday hopefully... :)

Back