1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The-Running-Man-011.jpg

Make him next HT. :pray:

Thank you! It makes me happy that in a Commando thread someone recognized a Cool quote from the Running Man.

Okay so it isn't completly accurate, but it ain't THAT bad! :p
I am just glad we atleast got a Commando release between all the Star Wars and Marvel releases!

I don't have him in hand yet, but regardless I'll probably feel the same way I do about my Sideshow Nathan Drake. It'll probably never happen again, so I have to have it... Even Dutch, being part of the Predator series has more chance of a V2 than this figure.. Maybe HT and Sideshow (ie: Drake) rely on that fanbase for these more unique figures, whereas the limited articulation and changeable abs in the new MkIII Iron Man might well backfire on them if they intend on rolling it into all future diecast Iron Man figures... such is the negative feedback on it at the moment.

Terminator Arnie, due to the frequency, are the sort of thing you can be really, really fussy on... There's still something I really don't like about DX-10 for instance, despite it being a DX and high price figure. That head seems off to me. Given the choice had I been in the hobby the year that DX-10 and DX-13 were announced, I'd be picking 13 for sure...

[QUOTE/] Now, it looks good here... I just can't get past how fat his head is.[/QUOTE]

Right. I don't even mind the soft details there so much but he is so fat faced.
Of course it would never happen.. but I wish like hell HT would issue a recall on that sculpt

Right. I don't even mind the soft details there so much but he is so fat faced.
Of course it would never happen.. but I wish like hell HT would issue a recall on that sculpt

I think a lot could be ignored with the soft features and weak paint if his head wasn't this shape. The MMS238 head is almost the same **** again, but at least it looks good with glasses on.

^ I dare say... Im actually thinking about getting a DX10 sculpt reworked and repainted for this.
I believe it would yield a better result.

I believe someone actually did that, it looked pretty good... better than this. DX10 gets a lot of criticism, but at least it didn't have fat head-itus.

Exactly. I remember seeing images of it. It did look better in terms of likeness.

Plus... Im starting to feel that I'm at that stage where modding just about all figures into a well executed on of a kind piece is going to happen to be satisfied.
It would really just be so nice if HT really was more consistant and balanced with production of the licenses. It's evident where they exhaust there effort in releases.

It really depends who they pick for each design. Look at how well the new BD Robocop turned out... it's probably the closest likeness they've ever done.

pj1mFIx.jpg

^ Looks real. It helps that there is no hair involved though.

I'm with ya on that one!

No hair certainly helps. It literally looks like a 12 inch Weller is standing on my shelf. The head might be ever so slightly too wide, but in no way does it bring down the likeness at all. There's so many minute details that had time put into them on the figure. FOTY without question.

The Alex is great, but something about the hair is off to me, but it's still a rock solid figure.

^^ Absolutly agreed!
I didn't mention it again because I didn't want to risk "derailing thread riots"
That figure set is the only sole release I'm excited about and the only improvment I might want is a full repaint of the clean version that is closer in the gray tones of the BD Robocop. Murphy looks incredible! And I actually like the separate hair molds.. adds more definition and realism imo.
I'm not even a huge Robocop fan but those figures were executed very well!

I hope we see some more repaints of Matrix and DX10 if anyone cares to try that again. Shells did a good job with his, and looks better than right out of the box.

Agreed all around on the Weller likenesses. As for what's been happening with the Arnie sculpts as of late, I don't know; I just don't know. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but unless I'm whacked out of my gourd, the Matrix sculpt here sure does resemble the T1 Battle Damaged a fair bit. Same "soft" features and everything. Almost like a little tweaking here and there, and BOOM!, John Matrix.

Yeah, it's been pointed out before that it suffered the same flat deadpan face with soft paint and fat head. It's a real shame, they should never of shown the professionally painted head in the promo pics. It tainted everyone's expectations.

Agreed. The promo is the definite winner over the production piece in this case. Hot Toys as amazingly awesome as they are for doing what they do, when there's a miss, it's certainly a noticeable one for all us collectors dishing out a fine amount of coin to own what comes up short of the promise. That being said, they are not without their sense of redemption. As we all know, we need not look any further than the BD Robo/Murphy set.

Back