1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did you/do you think of the prototype?
prototype had better jaw/cheek bones, because they were sharper (not lard-face like the final product) and was slightly, like 10%, better than mms238 in overall face shape. but the rest 90% still weren't Schwarzenegger in any age except for a teenager (slim and short lower half, not geared with all the muscles yet).
the expression on the face was fail from the beginning. it's not even a terminator, it's a dead man or a doll, he is so bored that he died. and in commando he made such stupid/angry faces that i couldn't watch that clown movie for many years :)

Last edited:
Yeah I pretty much agree. Whatever was good in the prototype was just totally lost in the final product. Not sure I have much faith in Hot Toys to ever fully capture Arnie's likeness. After so many attempts and to still not be able to see a trend of improvement. Even in the better sculpts there was areas of regression.

Posting here as well as the DX-13 thread..

Two figures (DX-13 and Matrix) picked up in one day..... Arnie's Birthday... Happy Birthday Arnie.... :fest

DSC_0077.jpg

Edit: Going to add some thoughts after chilling over a coffee, after what seemed like half an evening fiddling with things too small for my fingers.

I'm never taking the vest off, that's it.. lol. Aside from that it seems criminal not to pose him with his goodies, I'm just never going through that again. The rubber body is kinda weird and cool at the same time. I did wrap him first with very thin gauze cling bandage. If you look hard enough you can see it, especially poking from the left underarm a bit, but I'm not too bothered.

The head sculpt I swing from hot to cold, depending on how I look at it. When I opened the box it looked good. Next to the other two figures, especially with bad light and a cell-phone it doesn't look so good. Tough standard to reach next to T2 DX-13. The sculpt there and the detail of it are fantastic. But in saying that, Arnie was also a few years older. If two sculpts should look the same it really is BD T1 and Matrix.

I guess it's kinda hard to escape the feeling that it is an expensive 'Action Man' or 'GI Joe'... but if ever a Hot Toy figure was going to feel that way, it would be Matrix or Dutch. No the likeness isn't as good some of the MCU characters I have, but I'm happy with it..

God it hard to believe after the mms238 head we went to this!!! I remember how excited i was to hear that HT was doing this figure, after all it was my fave childhood arnie film to watch. Sorry to say i would rather not stain the memory with a sub par figure and it body issues.

At the same time though i dont shells made him look a lot better but thats not what mine will look so not sure. I hate these indecisive moments. :gah: I was thinking of getting maria hill instead for my avengers team but this figure has a lot of accessories. :banghead

Posting here as well as the DX-13 thread..

Two figures (DX-13 and Matrix) picked up in one day..... Arnie's Birthday... Happy Birthday Arnie.... :fest

View attachment 200884

Edit: Going to add some thoughts after chilling over a coffee, after what seemed like half an evening fiddling with things too small for my fingers.

I'm never taking the vest off, that's it.. lol. Aside from that it seems criminal not to pose him with his goodies, I'm just never going through that again. The rubber body is kinda weird and cool at the same time. I did wrap him first with very thin gauze cling bandage. If you look hard enough you can see it, especially poking from the left underarm a bit, but I'm not too bothered.

The head sculpt I swing from hot to cold, depending on how I look at it. When I opened the box it looked good. Next to the other two figures, especially with bad light and a cell-phone it doesn't look so good. Tough standard to reach next to T2 DX-13. The sculpt there and the detail of it are fantastic. But in saying that, Arnie was also a few years older. If two sculpts should look the same it really is BD T1 and Matrix.

I guess it's kinda hard to escape the feeling that it is an expensive 'Action Man' or 'GI Joe'... but if ever a Hot Toy figure was going to feel that way, it would be Matrix or Dutch. No the likeness isn't as good some of the MCU characters I have, but I'm happy with it..

nice setup :duff
Yeah It took some time to get all the stuff on him. I spent ages trying to get his uzi over his shoulder & neck, had to lengthen the strap etc. Now I dont want to touch the fig incase something falls off, a bit like Buckaroo :lol

Yeah It took some time to get all the stuff on him. I spent ages trying to get his uzi over his shoulder & neck, had to lengthen the strap etc. Now I dont want to touch the fig incase something falls off, a bit like Buckaroo :lol

I always find it amusing hearing people talk about how long it takes to gear up their figures. I started collecting with military figures, so it is something I am very familiar with, hell, it's half the fun!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438353877.979629.jpg

I found the worst part was getting the order right... in my haste I ended up having to remove the binoculars a couple of times.. then realised I hadn't extended the strap enough, and it was fiddly to get back over his head without risking scratches or breaking the clips... oh, and speaking of clips, those damn ones that go under his legs and connect, lol..

I found the worst part was getting the order right... in my haste I ended up having to remove the binoculars a couple of times.. then realised I hadn't extended the strap enough, and it was fiddly to get back over his head without risking scratches or breaking the clips... oh, and speaking of clips, those damn ones that go under his legs and connect, lol..

Yeah I thought the harness thing was going to snap any minute when I was attaching it.

Thanks. I started with Dragon and BBI back when you could get a figure for $35. Things have changed. LOL.

Wow yea I started back then too! It was nice.
But then bought my 1st HT the 2007 pmc and it set a new bar as far as quality. Got rid of all the Dragon bbi stuff. lol
You made your display quite nice there though.

Back