1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must say i find Ultrons final design to be abit goofy or cartoony. It doesn't really invoke the fear the character is supposed to give off. His first version or his sentries are much more imposing.
That being said this figure does look well made

Avengers-2-Ultron-Versions-Spader.jpg

Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Robot-Army-Soldiers.jpg

I must say i find Ultrons final design to be abit goofy or cartoony. It doesn't really invoke the fear the character is supposed to give off. His first version or his sentries are much more imposing.

Avengers-2-Ultron-Versions-Spader.jpg

Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Robot-Army-Soldiers.jpg

i dont like this figure so much, almost nothing to do with it what a shame :(

:lecture I think that's more to do with the fact that we've mostly been seeing promos and artworks. We've had like what, two big clips of his final design from the trailers, all of which are 5 second portrait shots. I have a feeling that seeing that thing move and act more freely in the movie will seriously create that creepy impression that borders on the uncanny valley unlike his previous forms which relies on him feeling more like an empty shell with a life of its own. For me, the last clip in the trailer with Spader's voice and mo-cap gave me everything I needed to fully appreciate the design.

As for the figure, honestly it's the moving mouth that seriously sold me, and I'll definitely pose him with his mouth open as if he's giving off some pretentious speech. :D

I think the drones have a better look for ultron than ultron prime.

This might be the Disney effect, where he has to look a bit cartoony so as not to scare the 9 year olds.

I probably will end up buying this, as I do love the character.

- Taking nothing away from the prototype: I really had hoped Hot Toy's would have gone in straight away with a Die-cast Ultron. The 42 is one of the best because of how well the figure looks and feels, given the look of Ultron, even if it was parts, Die-cast surely was the only way to go? :slap

Not to say that this won't occur further down the line - but I have to say that was a disappointment.

I like the detail, maybe people see the proportions off because he doesn't have pants on. Looks like a longer torso than the legs. And yes, with the lights off he does look like terminator exoskeleton.

I think the drones have a better look for ultron than ultron prime.

This might be the Disney effect, where he has to look a bit cartoony so as not to scare the 9 year olds.
Conversely, I've seen some folks saying that Ultron's classic design looks goofy, including the Sentries... so that point seems a bit moot considering how both designs harken back to various design elements from the comics anyway.

:dunno Now I don't know if you're being sarcastic or what, but Ultron's design actually looks very reminiscent of his modern appearances. Also the reason why Whedon gave Ultron a more humanoid face is because of how much he loved Spader's performance and he really wanted to show that off in the film.

Besides, it's not like Ultron hasn't adopted a humanoid appearance before, in fact he's done it twice in the comics. Compared to those, I'm much happier with the direction they went with for Ultron Prime.

Thanks!

This is the main reason im passing tho.

Wait you're passing on this or...??

Do people really have that much of a problem with it resembling a terminator endo? Because I certinly don't... I think it's awesome... I'm willing to bet that terminator was a slight inspiration for it.

Conversely, I've seen some folks saying that Ultron's classic design looks goofy, including the Sentries... so that point seems a bit moot considering how both designs harken back to various design elements from the comics anyway.

:dunno Now I don't know if you're being sarcastic or what, but Ultron's design actually looks very reminiscent of his modern appearances. Also the reason why Whedon gave Ultron a more humanoid face is because of how much he loved Spader's performance and he really wanted to show that off in the film.

Besides, it's not like Ultron hasn't adopted a humanoid appearance before, in fact he's done it twice in the comics. Compared to those, I'm much happier with the direction they went with for Ultron Prime.

Wait you're passing on this or...??

Most likely yeah, nothing against the design etc. just dont want Ultron to be taller than Thanos in my collection. As I'll only be having those two characters I'd rather have a smaller Ultron like the sentry. However if no other Ultron gets made I will get this one and display them separately

Do people really have that much of a problem with it resembling a terminator endo? Because I certinly don't... I think it's awesome... I'm willing to bet that terminator was a slight inspiration for it.

None with me. I think he looks great, and sure his general frame looks like the endo but the same could be said about the endo's frame being based on the human body.

Beyond that, I honestly think it looks different enough to really stand out as its own design. Throw Ultron's huge height into the mix and the constant comparisons start to feel a little silly.

Most likely yeah, nothing against the design etc. just dont want Ultron to be taller than Thanos in my collection. As I'll only be having those two characters I'd rather have a smaller Ultron like the sentry. However if no other Ultron gets made I will get this one and display them separately

Ahh that's a shame, but definitely understandable.

None with me. I think he looks great, and sure his general frame looks like the endo but the same could be said about the endo's frame being based on the human body.

Beyond that, I honestly think it looks different enough to really stand out as its own design. Throw Ultron's huge height into the mix and the constant comparisons start to feel a little silly.

It doesn't really scream terminator to me honestly, but I can see why people would compare it to that... Ultron is less angular and more curvilinear... I think it's quite elegant and intimidating at the same time.

It doesn't really scream terminator to me honestly, but I can see why people would compare it to that... Ultron is less angular and more curvilinear... I think it's quite elegant and intimidating at the same time.

Exactly, it looks more curved and organic than the Terminator endos. I'd say "elegant" and "intimidating" are pretty spot-on.

Igor isn't diecast but people had no problem with it being 500 bucks. I pre ordered ultron prime. Once the movie comes out and james spader wins us over with his Performance people will go crazy when this is sold out or put on the waiting list

Igor isn't diecast but people had no problem with it being 500 bucks. I pre ordered ultron prime. Once the movie comes out and james spader wins us over with his Performance people will go crazy when this is sold out or put on the waiting list

Wait what???? No seriously..... WHAT??? :horror

But yeah I have little to no doubt that Spader's performance will win over some folks to this design once the film is released.

Back