1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys please help

my iron patriot quarter scale got pushed to may. I no longer want it, I've lost total interest with the constant pushing. Is it possible to get a full refund? I have one flex payment left

Just so you know, anything that's delayed (ANYTHING) can be cancelled and all your payments (plus NRD) can be retuned to you. I've done it several times and not in the form of store credit either. You can actually get your money back. Is not your fault factory workers are behind schedule or ports shut down... The later isn't SSC's fault either but then again, that's a method they are choosing.

Just so you know, anything that's delayed (ANYTHING) can be cancelled and all your payments (plus NRD) can be retuned to you. I've done it several times and not in the form of store credit either. You can actually get your money back. Is not your fault factory workers are behind schedule or ports shut down... The later isn't SSC's fault either but then again, that's a method they are choosing.

Beautiful, thank you very much. I wanted the ip so bad but after 3 delays I couldn't care less now.

Can't believe how tall this guy is. He's taller than Thanos, almost Hulk height! Is Ultron ever this big in the comics?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't believe how tall this guy is. He's taller than Thanos, almost Hulk height! Is Ultron ever this big in the comics?

6"0" - 6'9" But Ultron's height varies, depending on which version. Ultron 7 had a HUGE body.

i8Y0fYM.jpg

I have the first appearance comic of Ultron and I believe he was quite tall.

OT, but can I just say that thosepages are brilliant. George Perez? Can't think of any artist who'd bother to draw detailed backgrounds on EVERY panel. Wow.

you know the first time i actually bought a figure from HT, (MK 3 iron man) back in 2009, i got into a fight with my dad, and his argument was exactly the same, spending a thousand HKD on a piece of plastic.
people just don't understand do they...

whooa you fought with your dad over action figure...learn from most of us... LIE about the price, just say it only cost 20$USD... .....and even better lie..tell that you can make profit over this figure.

OT, but can I just say that thosepages are brilliant. George Perez? Can't think of any artist who'd bother to draw detailed backgrounds on EVERY panel. Wow.

I believe the artist's name was Paul Ryan. He worked on Avengers West Coast, and those panels are from issue #66 or #67, when Ultron wants to turn humans into robots....god I sound like a geek :lol

I believe the artist's name was Paul Ryan. He worked on Avengers West Coast, and those panels are from issue #66 or #67, when Ultron wants to turn humans into robots....god I sound like geek :lol

Oh man, geeks are cool so no worries! Thanks for the info -- I remember now. He's an amazing artist, I wish he was active in the biz for much longer.

I do think that's the main problem with this release. We really have no reference for the character without having seen the movie. He's far enough away from the comic design that we aren't connecting with the character. Personally I'm not a fan of the design either, the face looks too small and awkward. But I'm sure my attitude will change after seeing the film.

He's far enough away from the comic design that we aren't connecting with the character.
B-but I did..... :monkey3

No but really, even as a fan I felt that this design still falls in line with Ultron's character, especially when you consider his modern depictions. I like that the Sentries fall closer to his classic version as it makes the film's portrayal of his character seem like a summarized version of his comic history, both in terms of character progression and design.

Rather the fact that we don't really have onscreen references for his entire body or better yet, haven't really seen the film, makes it harder to judge this figure in terms of presence and movie-accuracy. Still I think I made a reasonable point about certain parts with the figure:

If I had to make a guess, I think the reason why the shoulders look so big is because the outer plating don't really sit flush on the shoulders and act more as a covering to make room for the articulation. Because of this, in some pics it almost looks like he has blatant shoulder pads instead of just having bulky shoulders.

Just compare the following pic with HT's proto. If you look closely, there's a very obvious break between the shoulders and the "collar bones" whereas in the film still it's meant to transition smoothly between the two parts.

dTFIVVh.jpg

While I don't really hate it since the figure seems like it's designed with the articulation in mind, it does seem to detract the overall accuracy of the sculpt.

I think shoulder pads/armors are still HT's waterloo. They are yet to make it look really good while not compromising the shoulder/arm articulation, at least in 1/6 scale. Before this, shoulderpads/armors on DX12 and Mark 42 share the same "issue" (I enclosed it in quotation marks as it is an issue to some, but not all collectors). On their 1/4 scale TDKR Batman and Mark 43 (proto) however, HT delievered well.

I think shoulder pads/armors are still HT's waterloo. They are yet to make it look really good while not compromising the shoulder/arm articulation, at least in 1/6 scale. Before this, shoulderpads/armors on DX12 and Mark 42 share the same "issue" (I enclosed it in quotation marks as it is an issue to some, but not all collectors). On their 1/4 scale TDKR Batman and Mark 43 (proto) however, HT delievered well.

Yeah I figured as much, I still remember the discussions people had about the DX12, but I didn't know that the same had happened with the Mark 42. I think the only reason why it's so obvious for Ultron is because of how huge and curved his shoulders are to the point that any sort of gap between his armor and shoulders ends up skewing his overall physique.

I really like the design. I like the style they went with on the shoulders and head. Overall I think it has balance and flow from top to bottom. I'm glad they took this route rather than risk making him look like another endo or IM. It's a great translation of the concept IMO.

I really like the design. I like the style they went with on the shoulders and head. Overall I think it has balance and flow from top to bottom. I'm glad they took this route rather than risk making him look like another endo or IM. It's a great translation of the concept IMO.
:goodpost::lecture I like that he doesn't just look like a guy in a compact mech suit like IM, nor does he look like a walking robo-skeleton like the Endo which had a pretty robust design. Ultron's design looks borderline organic, with the shapes being more reminiscent of bare muscle tissue on top of a skeleton. The shapes and overall aesthetic almost has an Art Nouveau vibe to it, where it looks like 'living metal'.

It falls very close in line with Ultron's eventual mentality and design process in modern comics. The more he "upgrades", the closer he gets to becoming even more human (a testament to Ultron's past hypocrisy), and I feel that's something that a lot of people seem to miss just because it's not really something that his classic portrayal was known for. Ultron's not a typical robot, he's flawed by design and that's what makes him so appealing.

Whedon put it very nicely when describing the character:

"[Ultron] is not a creature of logic – he's a robot who's genuinely disturbed. We're finding out what makes him menacing and at the same time endearing and funny and strange and unexpected, and everything a robot never is."

Back