1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm serious......what's your agruement.....it's a BAF? Hasbro could have easily put this in a blister pack for $20.....but they didn't because the old Ultron rotted on the pegs.

AC power would be huge......I love it on my Terminator head....LEDs last a while....the crap batteries they give us DO NOT.
I just want Hot Toys to step up to the plate if their gonna charge us this much more.

Am I really that off with my assessment? I'm just dumbfounded by the price on this less than perfect sculpt.

Am I really that off with my assessment? I'm just dumbfounded by the price on this less than perfect sculpt.

I think size is a big part of it. Plus everything requires fresh molds. They can't just use a buck body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Happy Meal" toy sounds like a stretch, that BAF figure from Hasbro actually looks pretty good with the exception of the lower torso/legs (it seems Hasbro was working off of an earlier concept of Ultron from the looks of it).

Besides, having owned the old Toybiz Ultron, having a "dead" Ultron isn't really a big deal for me. The fact that HT made the irises visible even with the lights off is practically a blessing in of itself given that the LEDs were going to be a given.

c5cec01930041d71237ff2dce262b813.jpg

Man he's huge might pick this up at some point.

Even with the lights off I'm definitely digging it. The size and complexity of the overall design really creates a nice presence by itself.

"Happy Meal" toy sounds like a stretch, that BAF figure from Hasbro actually looks pretty good with the exception of the lower torso/legs (it seems Hasbro was working off of an earlier concept of Ultron from the looks of it).

Besides, having owned the old Toybiz Ultron, having a "dead" Ultron isn't really a big deal for me. The fact that HT made the irises visible even with the lights off is almost a blessing in of itself.

Even with the lights off I'm definitely digging it.

I bet u like the left eye better than the right one.........

c'mon.....hasbo didn't use a buck body either.

What does HT have to do with Hasbro? I don't think how a 6" or smaller figure is handled has anything to do with an 18"+ tall quality figure like a HT.

I mean people are predicting Hulkbuster will be $1,000.00. If that is accurate, Ultron will be a value in comparison!

yes....sorry for adding the happy meal toy.....it's just because Hasbro produces much more.......I guess at the end of the day we're paying for the exclusivity that comes with the higher price point.........even when it's far from Ferrari standards......u get me or am I talking jibberish.....be honest. I can take it.

What does HT have to do with Hasbro? I don't think how a 6" or smaller figure is handled has anything to do with an 18"+ tall quality figure like a HT.

I mean people are predicting Hulkbuster will be $1,000.00. If that is accurate, Ultron will be a value in comparison!

I bet the Hasbro toy is at least 7-8". Not 6".

I bet the Hasbro toy is at least 7-8". Not 6".

Still it is going to be a crappy little Hasblo figure. I collected Marvel Legends for a long time, but the Hasblo stuff sucked compared to Toy Biz. It why I stopped collecting them and focused on 12" figures.

I still say that Marvel Legends has nothing to do with HT, and there is no comparison on pricing. Or we could just do the math this way, when you scale the action figure from 6-8" to 18" consider that the material required go up exponentially not linearly.

Honestly I just see no reason to debate this. If you think it is too expensive, don't buy it. These are all really expensive dolls. It doesn't make any logical sense to buy any of them.

Back