1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need some extra opinions here. Should i sell mk.42, starboost and silver centurion for the hulkbuster? I have mk.43, mk.3 on pre-order and will definitely be getting the mk.45 when it goes up. I also own mk.7. Im really boring when it comes to the suits, i like my red and gold colors.
Unless you REALLY want to keep those other IM suits that you listed (like if you have specific favorites), it sounds like you've already got a good idea for what you want with your collection. Honestly if you really love the red/gold motif, why not stick to those colors and go for Hulkbuster then?

Honestly I think just having the Mk 3, Mk 7, Mk 43 and Hulkbuster it would make for a pretty clean and uniform collection. :)

That said, like the others have mentioned, I think Silver Centurion is pretty great especially if you're a fan of the iconic comic design. If Silver Centurion isn't your thing and you still want to keep one of them, I guess you can also keep Mk 42 if you want to maintain that red/gold motif in your collection.

Thanks for the opinions, guys! I think im gonna sell the ones i listed. I never really was a big silver centurion fan. Im loving that mk.45 though!

Thanks for the opinions, guys! I think im gonna sell the ones i listed. I never really was a big silver centurion fan. Im loving that mk.45 though!

I think there will be plenty of stock floating around. Word in HK is that pre-orders are just like the Igor...very low. Most local collectors are waiting to see how final product turns out to avoid another Igor paint disappointment. Apparently the 'wear or battle damage' on the prototype has been done from the same guy who did the Igor...ex top guy at Enterbay who does contract paint work for 3A Toys now. The final product will most likely be not as good as this prototype.

If you read the comics, the SC armor is very significant (defeated Iron Monger/Stane, Armor Wars, etc). :wave

If you read the comics, the SC armor is very significant (defeated Iron Monger/Stane, Armor Wars, etc). :wave

One of the longest running armors in I'M comic history. Just get rid of those hand blades...nothing iconic there...Hollywood butchery at its finest.

In all honestly, I think I'll wait till next month to preorder him, I'll go over my HT budget this month if I don't.

The NRD isn't bad, I mean, who would preorder this if they weren't 100% all in??? If they weren't then they're not firing on all cylinders. And the NRD is just like a monthly payment for this guy.

That being said, I think I'll be able to afford him on the payment plan.

I think there will be plenty of stock floating around. Word in HK is that pre-orders are just like the Igor...very low. Most local collectors are waiting to see how final product turns out to avoid another Igor paint disappointment. Apparently the 'wear or battle damage' on the prototype has been done from the same guy who did the Igor...ex top guy at Enterbay who does contract paint work for 3A Toys now. The final product will most likely be not as good as this prototype.

Whatever you have to tell yourself. At this price point it would be a BIG mistake if HT didn't come through for the customers, I think this one is a big deal and getting lots of attention...they need to pull this off. What I'd like to see in the HB is one battery compartment and one switch!

Whatever you have to tell yourself. At this price point it would be a BIG mistake if HT didn't come through for the customers, I think this one is a big deal and getting lots of attention...they need to pull this off. What I'd like to see in the HB is one battery compartment and one switch!

I think you misunderstood, what I'm saying is HT will produce surplus of this due to low demand. They have even changed their usual pre-order routine of letting VIP's getting first dibs aand orders at Secret Base for this item is done on first come first get basis. Usually for popular figures they allow VIP members to get first dibs. Regarding one battery compartment, one can wish! It would bbe amazing if one battery compartment and taking aaa or aa batteries!

In all honestly, I think I'll wait till next month to preorder him, I'll go over my HT budget this month if I don't.

The NRD isn't bad, I mean, who would preorder this if they weren't 100% all in??? If they weren't then they're not firing on all cylinders. And the NRD is just like a monthly payment for this guy.

That being said, I think I'll be able to afford him on the payment plan.

The way I see it, if I am determent, and commit to buy, then NRD is not a issue. Just like you said, take it like a monthly payment. I used about $300 worth of RPs plus the 8 payment plans, Monthly payment comes out to $54ish. Not bad at all. The hardest part is the wait now.

Back