1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wheres that number from?

When sideshow ships HTs to the retailers, it's a 33% markdown from the price sideshow charges. I know this because my friend owns a comic book shop and he used to order me HTs for cheap from sideshow. I paid 175 for superman, 175 for mark 1 2.0, 350 for tumbler, 189 for keaton batman and etc. My friend pretty much made 10% off me and passed the other 23% savings to me. So yeah, sideshow is making some good money from those who orders from them..and I have seen online retailers usually providing a 10% discount and make the other 23% as profit.

When sideshow ships HTs to the retailers, it's a 33% markdown from the price sideshow charges. I know this because my friend owns a comic book shop and he used to order me HTs for cheap from sideshow. I paid 175 for superman, 175 for mark 1 2.0, 350 for tumbler, 189 for keaton batman and etc. My friend pretty much made 10% off me and passed the other 23% savings to me. So yeah, sideshow is making some good money from those who orders from them..and I have seen online retailers usually providing a 10% discount and make the other 23% as profit.

That explains why it's always cheaper for me to buy their products from retailers here in the UK..., funny way of doing business though as I've usually found that companies want you to buy direct rather than through third parties?!? :(

That explains why it's always cheaper for me to buy their products from retailers here in the UK..., funny way of doing business though as I've usually found that companies want you to buy direct rather than through third parties?!? :(

Sounds counterintuitive but since sideshow is a distribution center, I don't think they can just horde every hot toys that come their way and sell for cheap. It'll be nice for us but it may not be cool with uncle sam. I'm not 100% sure what all the politics of this might be so take my theory with a grain of salt.

funny way of doing business though as I've usually found that companies want you to buy direct rather than through third parties?!? :(

Simple - Sideshow makes a lot more money as a distributor than as a retailer.

Talking about the hulkbuster, my wife almost fell over after she saw the price. All things considered, it's not as crazy as some of those QMX collectibles. I really want a 21inch Serenity ship but it's $7499! 800 is expensive, but it can be worst..besides..why are we even collecting HTs if we can't afford it? This is a luxury item for nerds. It's not some toy you can buy at walmart. It's still much cheaper than collectibles for ..non-nerds?@!(art collection, bag collection, car collection etc.)

I don't know if you should spend your emergency funds on a HB because life can happen and you'll find yourself needing to pay a medical bill or food more than a HB, but to each their own.

Talking about the hulkbuster, my wife almost fell over after she saw the price. All things considered, it's not as crazy as some of those QMX collectibles. I really want a 21inch Serenity ship but it's $7499! 800 is expensive, but it can be worst..besides..why are we even collecting HTs if we can't afford it? This is a luxury item for nerds. It's not some toy you can buy at walmart. It's still much cheaper than collectibles for ..non-nerds?@!(art collection, bag collection, car collection etc.)

I don't know if you should spend your emergency funds on a HB because life can happen and you'll find yourself needing to pay a medical bill or food more than a HB, but to each their own.

yeah i know what you mean. I normally tell my wife when IM going to PO and give her reasons on why I want a certain Hot toys, but I couldn't even justified to myself on getting this figure.

its so awesome but there just comes a time when you gotta stop yourself. too expensive but even now IM thinking only 8 easy payments lol

They are crazily priced..... that being said I like USS Vengeance they did

yeah i know what you mean. I normally tell my wife when IM going to PO and give her reasons on why I want a certain Hot toys, but I couldn't even justified to myself on getting this figure.

its so awesome but there just comes a time when you gotta stop yourself. too expensive but even now IM thinking only 8 easy payments lol

LoL, I'm not out of the game either. I just don't know if I can also get the delorean as well..not to mention powerloader 2.0 with ripley, Whiplash Diecast, Mark III, and Mark 43. That's already 2.5k worth right there!@!$# Got to go breath out of a bag for a sec...

LoL, I'm not out of the game either. I just don't know if I can also get the delorean as well..not to mention powerloader 2.0 with ripley, Whiplash Diecast, Mark III, and Mark 43. That's already 2.5k worth right there!@!$# Got to go breath out of a bag for a sec...

Lol Collector problems

£680 in UK. So so tempted but I cannot justify it. Gonna have to bail out here :(

WARNING if you ordered through BBTS:

Greetings!

Thanks again for preordering the 1/6 Scale Avengers Age of Ultron Movie Masterpiece Figure - 21" Iron Man Hulkbuster from BigBadToyStore! This amazing piece is sure to be a fine addition to your collection. Please note that this particular product requires a $100.00 non-refundable deposit. This pre down payment will be set up in your BBTS account and must be paid in full before we place your actual order. The down payment will be charged this coming Monday, March 9th, so please be sure to make arrangements and assure that you are committed to purchasing this item by that date. In the event you prefer to cancel your preorder rather than provide a down payment, simply update the quantity to zero in the 'View Preorders' section of your BBTS account. If the down payment in your account is declined when processed, we unfortunately will have to cancel your preorder on file.

Bail now if you thought you could get away with an on-the-fence order without a down payment. Otherwise your account will have a surprise $100 taken out of your account Monday.

Glad to see them doing this. Too expensive a piece to expect them to act as an insurance policy for a horde of fickle collectors. Hope a few derps that somehow missed the huge warning note advising of the NRD on the product page do get a "surprise" on Monday. :lol

Enlighten me big baller, what other single priceitems do you own over 900$? Wife's jewelry doesn't count

Unless your a statue or art collector, only things I can think of is a Mac pc, maybe a television, a watch, a lawn mower. In reality what percentage of people on this board can boast they have those things? If you do great, but percent wise it's only a few

2 TVs, lounge suite, 2 front channel speakers (the pair alone, let alone the other 5 in the lounge) a Queen size bed and a King, outdoor furniture, bluray player didn't cost that much, but if I'd coined out for the next model up it would have, 2 laptops, a Surface.. I won't even start listing whiteware and garage items, because they aren't personal toys as such...

If you don't own your own home, and all of the chattels in it, then yes, I accept a car is probably the most valuable thing you own, and this figure would rank as one of your more expensive purchases in life... I won't talk Sideshow direct prices, I have to relate to my local currency... in which case Hulkbuster will set me back somewhere between $1200 and $1500... at almost 40 years of age I assure you this would be far from the 3rd most expensive item in my inventory behind my house and my car..

I just preordered my Hulkbuster figure, I buy most of my stuff from Collectibles Direct & have to pay a 10% deposit to secure an item, it's not returnable but as I don't order stuff that I'm not going to get..., I have no problem with a deposit. :)

...it's not returnable but as I don't order stuff that I'm not going to get..., I have no problem with a deposit. :)
OMG, what a concept./mind blown :lol

mind_blown.gif

Last edited:
Are there official pictures of the Hulkbuster suit opening up to reveal the mark 43 or is it just the leaked ones that are circulating? Didn't find promotional ones on Sideshow's website.

i must be old as hell, because this ranks pretty low in terms of pricey things I own :lol and im far from rich or a "baller"

seriously guys, i dont understand why some of you guys are losing your mind, do yourself a favor and calculate the total amount of money you have invested over time on plastic?....im willing to bet most are over 6k in.....do you realize how hypocritical you may come off?

WARNING if you ordered through BBTS:

Greetings!

Thanks again for preordering the 1/6 Scale Avengers Age of Ultron Movie Masterpiece Figure - 21" Iron Man Hulkbuster from BigBadToyStore! This amazing piece is sure to be a fine addition to your collection. Please note that this particular product requires a $100.00 non-refundable deposit. This pre down payment will be set up in your BBTS account and must be paid in full before we place your actual order. The down payment will be charged this coming Monday, March 9th, so please be sure to make arrangements and assure that you are committed to purchasing this item by that date. In the event you prefer to cancel your preorder rather than provide a down payment, simply update the quantity to zero in the 'View Preorders' section of your BBTS account. If the down payment in your account is declined when processed, we unfortunately will have to cancel your preorder on file.

Bail now if you thought you could get away with an on-the-fence order without a down payment. Otherwise your account will have a surprise $100 taken out of your account Monday.

Thank you for showing that. I just got the same reply from BBTS. I knew about the $100.00 deposit, what I didn't like was that their price was exactly like Sideshow, usually their price is lower. I went and cancelled it, although I would have preferred dealing with BBTS, and decided to go with Shopafx. I never ordered from them before but it looks like they've been around for over 10 years. Saved over $60.00 and puts the figure below the $800.00 guess I made a while back which makes it easier to swallow.

Glad to see them doing this. Too expensive a piece to expect them to act as an insurance policy for a horde of fickle collectors. Hope a few derps that somehow missed the huge warning note advising of the NRD on the product page do get a "surprise" on Monday. :lol

:lol

that would be hilarious...

Back