1/6 Hot Toys - MMS752AE The Joker (Batman Imposter Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This reminds me of the the old discussions of DX01, when "I see Joker, but not Ledger" was a constant complaint :lol. At this point, I don't think we'll ever see a perfect Ledger Joker sculpt.

Really? You sure you were watching The Dark Knight? I definitely see Heath under all the makeup, in the movie..

Because you have prior information of who the actor is so you end up making an association. Without any context or any knowledge of who is behind the makeup, would you really think of Heath Ledger or some random old dude when you see this?

main-qimg-d376b9ec28087b656cd40d63dc2320f3-lq.jpeg

The makeup and scar prosthetics do a good a job of hiding Heath. It exaggerates facial wrinkles, puffs out the mouth area a bit more, and obscures some of his defining facial features like his cheek bones and squarish jaw. Like I said though, his likeness does come out with certain expressions just like on the custom sculpt that was posted before.

522868-Screenshot-20240718-130144-Instagram-01-01.jpeg

Last edited:
I think its a good sculpt and paint in that it showcases a lot of character and a lot of detail.
But, no, I don't see Heath Ledger or his Joker.
Likeness isn't good, but the sculpt has presence - if that makes sense?

Feel free to hate on me, but in part I think the Inart sculpt is still superior, just not as well painted.

Because you have prior information of who the actor is so you end up making an association. Without any context or any knowledge of who is behind the makeup, would you really think of Heath Ledger or some random old dude when you see this?

View attachment 719764

The makeup and scar prosthetics do a good a job of hiding Heath. It exaggerates facial wrinkles, puffs out the mouth area a bit more, and obscures some of his defining facial features like his cheek bones and squarish jaw. Like I said though, his likeness does come out with certain expressions just like on the custom sculpt that was posted before.

View attachment 719765
I remember seeing promo photos in the years leading up to the film's release and my first thought was "Is that Heath?".

I agree, there’s a way to achieve that drip effect with touch up. As stock though, InArt got the black eye makeup better, Hot Toys has the better hair, lips, more accurate red lipstick and white face paint. Allowing for the option to fill in areas completely white instead of the whole face being covered white stock like IA did.

I’m glad more and more people are beginning to see this sculpt is…mid. Which is what blew my mind originally. I just couldn’t see what others were seeing when they were ‘blown away’ by it. I’m like…HUH?? Where? How?

And it’s a shame because the original sculpt they used as a base was phenomenal.

I’ll say it again: something clearly happened during the repurposing phase. I swear it stinks of JC Hong’s influence.

And the hairing job is off the charts here:

IMG_3373.jpeg

IMG_3374.jpeg

“I want to speak with your manager!”

I’m glad more and more people are beginning to see this sculpt is…mid. Which is what blew my mind originally. I just couldn’t see what others were seeing when they were ‘blown away’ by it. I’m like…HUH?? Where? How?

And it’s a shame because the original sculpt they used as a base was phenomenal.

I’ll say it again: something clearly happened during the repurposing phase. I swear it stinks of JC Hong’s influence.

And the hairing job is off the charts here:

View attachment 719949
View attachment 719950

“I want to speak with your manager!”
I see where you're coming from, but using this photo as an argument against the headsculpt is no different than when you were complaining that ppl were only using "bad" pics of the InArt sculpts to prove their points on why this was/is better. Do we need to pull out those "bad" InArt photos again that look no better than what you've posted here? :stick

Glad to see their printing technique is just on the black eye makeup, that can get camouflaged out
with touch up, still cheap for Artisan.

Probably October for Artisan purple coat Joker huh?

Those way-too-even black lines coming away from the eyes across the nose look too machine made. There's nothing smeary about that "make-up".

You can even see he matrix pattern in that macro shot.

Yes... NOT very "Artisan"... or is it?

Yeesh - I take back what I said about HT having the superior paint app, say what you will about the final paint on the Inart head at least it looked like it wasn't painted by a machine.
These lines completely ruin the realism/immersion of the figure for me.
For the price + the fact its attached to a body no one has any real enthusiasm for.... this is really disappointing.

It'll be interesting to see how the standard artisan comes out, plus the sculpted of the same figure.
I'm never comfortable sending off heads to be custom painted once I have bought them, so if the stock head paint app is dissapointing I will just stick with my Inart, I still believe the sculpt on that figure is superior anyway, even if it is a little flat on the paintjob.

Back