1/6 Hot Toys - MMS752AE The Joker (Batman Imposter Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your assessment is fair, the sculpt isn't perfect for sure, the hairline is slightly off, as you mentioned, and it's a bit over-textured. The texture comes across stronger as you're zoomed in on the camera and such, However, when seen in person, I was really impressed by it. My photos might not be the best, but I can see Heath from almost every angle.

Under good lighting, with the right pose and head tilt, the sculpt really shines, in my opinion. I recently showed it to a non-collector, and they were blown away by its realism. While it might be dethroned by JND’s upcoming version or a possible Inart 2.0, and of course, there are always custom options, though they're costly and come with long wait times. I truly believe this is the best mass-produced Joker head on the market right now. I prefer collecting the best available, and at this moment, I think this is probably it.
I can’t help myself. As mich as I want to like it, this is simply not a good sculpt anymore. Hairline, expression, texture… it’s just not good. Personally I feel remembered to the very first Joker HT sculpt but not in a positive way. People were trying to glorify that sculpt aswell, just to hide it under a wig and a mask, when the nurse set came out. Not saying this one needs a wig, but a mask wouldn’t hurt.
Hope noone feels offended as this is not my intention.

Back