1/6 Hot Toys - MMS755 - Episode I: The Phantom Menace - Droideka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very impressive, It looks like it rolled straight off the film screen to me! The lineup of the standard B1, Droideka and B2 stood together looks great, makes the idea of having a droid display shelf more tempting.

Ugh -- $265...

Darth Maul... Darth Sidious... or this Droideka...?
Obviously this, the other two are no match for Droidekas

jsoCQV3.gif

Looks awesome. Love that Hot Toys is making more varieties lately. Aliens like Kit Fisto, droids like this and the Super Battle Droid previously. I’d like at least one.

This needs a larger base with an official Star Wars plaque with the name. Similar to the size of Darth Mauls. I am not a fan of figures being release with no base. The reason why I don’t own R2-D2. Also will look odd displayed next to Super battle droid. I’m a base guy. They make high end figures look…..high end IMO.

Man, this looks great. :clap But need...... to............. resist.

Would be pointless to me to have one of these guys without also buying a couple Battle Droids and a Super Battle Droid.
So one $265 figure turns into a $1000+ easy... :slap

Although I do have the old SS Battle Droid 2pk, but they're displayed flanking my SS Grievous (original v1). And I will likely buy one regular HT Battle Droid for the eventual HT Grievous, a must buy for me...

Need to stay firm & strong... Minimal PT figures!!!! Fme... :lol

This needs a larger base with an official Star Wars plaque with the name. Similar to the size of Darth Mauls. I am not a fan of figures being release with no base. The reason why I don’t own R2-D2. Also will look odd displayed next to Super battle droid. I’m a base guy. They make high end figures look…..high end IMO.
That’s a good idea. I plan on buying the updated maul, but I’m going to give him a sand base. I’ll use maul’s base for this.

Could have easily included a clear plastic blue ball with the bottom portion cut to sit flush on a flat surface to mimic the shield. Weird that they didn't.

droideka-bio-1_copy_70bd7cbd.jpeg
I would think shipping cost would be a killer on something like that. Dimensional weight would be significant factor.

So here’s a company that makes clear acrylic spheres. Seeing the price list helps me understand a reason why it’s not included. Check out the price list for these. They don’t come cheap plus the size would double the box dimensions.

IMG_7679.jpeg

Here’s the link:
https://www.globalplastics.ca/globes.htm

Found this 14 inch on Etsy. It’s cheap and already has a bottom hole to fit over the droid. It’s far more reasonable in price. Size correct you think?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/732619797/14-clear-acrylic-round-plastic-globe

This is really cool. This is a must have! Hot Toys has been delivering some amazing paint apps with the droids like 0-0-0 and the B2 Battle droid. Looking at the pictures of this, it looks like there is some burn effect with the purple and silver in the brown paint... Looks amazing!
Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 11.57.55 AM.png

What I'd love to see is a proper shot from the side like in the trailer/movie.
I love how it has an almost snake like quality to it. There's even a bit of Giger in there I feel.
Seeing this in the HT would surely push me over the edge.

databank_droideka_01_169_48a22970.jpeg

The closest shots we have are these, but the low angle in the first shot makes the neck look short.
FB_IMG_1718999482554.jpg

517842-448671806-869812105182803-4483390583712889740-n.jpg

I'm pretty sure I'm starting to talk myself into buying him here. :lol

If they made this, they will make grievous. Hot toys loves money. Guarantee they are waiting for another company to have a big announcement planned and Howard will swoop in with a mega release and steal their thunder. Look at J and D and the Han release.

Back