1/6 Hot Toys - Peacemaker The Series - Peacemaker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it just me, or have Hot Toys sculpts been taking a bit of a dip in quality as of late?

Might it have something to do with the fact that they‘ve mostly been releasing masked figures, or that they are rushing them out a bit too frequently?
I think they’re just too far up their own asses to realise when something isn’t good.

This figure is a way bigger fail than anything they’ve made in recent years, even Doc Ock.

Hi, Hot Toys. Please tell me, when in the show did Cena constantly pull those faces? To a point where you think that is his natural face?

This is all I wanna do with the figure and we can’t.
7648E160-4724-4E63-B7BE-FE011B77C160.jpeg
BF596B6C-A091-4305-BB6B-35EB26692373.jpeg

Absolute garbage.

Body is too small and doesn't have those bizarre veins Cena has popping out of his biceps.

He never used a freaking sword or axe in the show. He used exclusively firearms or in rare cases when he was in an apartment he just used whatever he could get his hands on. No swords. The stink of the ATT&T/WB hypocrite gun ban is all over this. "Everyone enjoy our ultra-violent programming glorifying the use of giant sexy guns every 30 seconds, but don't you dare think about having a little toy to replicate it!!" There's no way that gun is removable from that holster.

The eagle looks like crap. I don't know what it is, but it's NOT the CGI eagle that was a scene stealer on the show.

Exactly. They had one job.

It's like they went out of their way to **** this up.
This would have been such a simple figure to get right.

So lets break it down:
  • Horrible expression
  • No unmasked sculpt
  • Sideways glance
  • That tongue is horrible, why?!
  • Looks nothing like Cena
  • Body is too small, he's a huge guy
  • Jointed arms
  • No guns (where's the unholstered pistol, P90, shotgun and sniper rifle?)
  • A sword and an axe that I don't even remember him using in the show
  • No shield
  • Eagle looks like ****, something you'd find in a charity shop bargain bin.
  • Helmets aren't chrome
  • Only 2 helmets, missing the coolest one (xray vision with red lenses)
  • Not even a tease for Vigilante
  • Where are all of the accessories? This is going to be $280, we should be getting the tank shell grenade, Goff in the jar, the diary, the butterfly spaceship plus all of the above
This guy has a bunch of toys in the show and we get none of them with the actual toy.

I would have been happy with this figure if it had a normal sculpt. As for the no guns shown except holstered blame that on WB. Right before Suicide Squad was released they decided no toys with guns. I am hoping the gun he comes with is not glued into the holster. As is this is not a figure I will be picking up.

It’s nice that HT are trying more expressive sculpts- just a shame that they’ve mostly been terrible as of late.

This screaming head would be a fun little addition that would totally be welcomed if the figure included an unmasked, stoic Cena head.
They’ve basically put Peacemaker on the same relevance level as Axe Woves.

Anyways, after PO’ing the new DeLorean, I welcome a few weeks of skippable announcements- so there’s at least one positive aspect to this figure.

just saying, i would've jumped on this for like $350 or even $380 before tax and shipping if they included:

- pers system eyes for the helmet (c'mon. its a helmet, just take it off and adjust the eyes underneath)
- multiple helmets (especially x-ray vision, thats badass imo)
- dove shield
- blurred picture of extra guns like the shotgun, p90, and sniper rifle with the doves on them
- john cena headsculpt
- and especially, different faceplates. i would've been happy with the wicked rock and roll mouth but give me a serious one...

this reminds me of the dx19 batman if they didn't include the serious/stern faceplate and just gave him with pursing lips.

It’s nice that HT are trying more expressive sculpts- just a shame that they’ve mostly been terrible as of late.

This screaming head would be a fun little addition that would totally be welcomed if the figure included an unmasked, stoic Cena head.
They’ve basically put Peacemaker on the same relevance level as Axe Woves.

Anyways, after PO’ing the new DeLorean, I welcome a few weeks of skippable announcements- so there’s at least one positive aspect to this figure.
They did an expressive sculpt on the character that needs one the least :lol.

what in the goddamn

I really liked the show, so I was excited to this thread. Then I clicked on it and saw those pictures. Hopefully SooSooToys does it better.

what in the goddamn

I really liked the show, so I was excited to this thread. Then I clicked on it and saw those pictures. Hopefully SooSooToys does it better.
best believe, they'll be able to do it for cheaper too and with much more goodies inside that hot toys isn't offering

Rant incoming

Hot toys does not care about this IP. They need to let it go. They really do.

Im at a cross roads with this. I don’t necessarily think this figure looks bad. It’s not doc o’clock bad, this looks like John Cena. But this is a lazy ass release.

obvious it was supposed to be for the suicide squad line , but they slapped the shows logo on it. Barely any accessories, no unmasked headsculpt, which he is unmasked about 95% of the show.

Before anyone says “ DC has a rule against guns on their figures.” Please provide official proof of this. For now, that’s just speculation. Cause his gun doesn’t appear on the accessories list, but it’s shown in its holster. You’re telling me that it’s molded into the suit?

Like I said before, I’m at a cross roads with this. I don’t think the figure looks bad. The exposed joints don’t bother me as that will provide longevity.

My wife and I love this show. In fact, when I turned to her and said,

“You know if they announce a peacemaker and vigilante figure, I’m getting it, right?”

She answers , “ **** yea you better”.

my wife never says that about collecting. So this was going to be something special. And they fumbled.

Am I still getting it? Yes. I’m hoping the price is right and not 280+ or whatever.

I’m also hoping that this doesn’t kill any chance soosoo making their own. Or else we are going to rely on their party accessories and headsculpts.

Edit: just showed my wife. Her response is “ not impressed”

Last edited:
Rant incoming

Hot toys does not care about this IP. They need to let it go. They really do.
Yep, but who is gonna pick it up? There really isn't anyone else, which is the problem.
Im at a cross roads with this. I don’t necessarily think this figure looks bad. It’s not doc o’clock bad, this looks like John Cena. But this is a lazy ass release.
Looks way worse than Doc Cuck to me. I hate this.
obvious it was supposed to be for the suicide squad line , but they slapped the shows logo on it. Barely any accessories, no unmasked headsculpt, which he is unmasked about 95% of the show.
No unmasked sculpt = no buy
Before anyone says “ DC has a rule against guns on their figures.” Please provide official proof of this. For now, that’s just speculation. Cause his gun doesn’t appear on the accessories list, but it’s shown in its holster. You’re telling me that it’s molded into the suit?
Apparently someone asked them and they confirmed it's molded in.
Like I said before, I’m at a cross roads with this. I don’t think the figure looks bad. The exposed joints don’t bother me as that will provide longevity.

My wife and I love this show. In fact, when I turned to her and said,

“You know if they announce a peacemaker and vigilante figure, I’m getting it, right?”

She answers , “ **** yea you better”.

my wife never says that about collecting. So this was going to be something special. And they fumbled.

Am I still getting it? Yes. I’m hoping the price is right and not 280+ or whatever.

I’m also hoping that this doesn’t kill any chance soosoo making their own. Or else we are going to rely on their party accessories and headsculpts.
I thought I was 100% sold on a Peacemaker figure, but right now I'm at 0%.

I feel like this figure wasn’t really planned out ahead of time, but then the show became a surprise hit and Hot Toys probably decided to release a figure. So maybe the prototype is a rush job.

Not sure how many improvements they can make, but that kind of feels like what may have been the case.

Back