1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After replaying the trilogy I'm really eager to buy this... But only if they make an Arkham Joker. Is there a reasonable chance that he'll ever get released or will this stay in limbo just as the Drax and Ra's Al Ghul?

If we see Joker at comic con this year, I say he'll get made. The new game just came out and hype is back for this franchise again, it's now or never to show Joker and put him up for PO.

That should look fantastic. I may attempt to replicate if it can be done to this suit. What technique did you use? It does look like some of the suit might have to be cut away - in some fashion skin is showing.

Instead of cutting the suit of my TASM 1 figure, I cheated by creating effects by mixing epoxy clay with acrylic paint :)

If we see Joker at comic con this year, I say he'll get made. The new game just came out and hype is back for this franchise again, it's now or never to show Joker and put him up for PO.
For some reason I have high hopes for HT and Threezero at SDCC this year, I want to see some great new stuff from both. Hopefully I won't be disappointed.

Instead of cutting the suit of my TASM 1 figure, I cheated by creating effects by mixing epoxy clay with acrylic paint :)

Ah I see. Now that you mention it that might be the way to go. I found this pic from a user selling for parts. This suggest exposing the body underneath might be a black plastic color instead of actual flesh tone. So not cutting, and instead going for the effect might be the better way to go.
Untitled2_zpsnqewkrki.jpg~320x480

After replaying the trilogy I'm really eager to buy this... But only if they make an Arkham Joker. Is there a reasonable chance that he'll ever get released or will this stay in limbo just as the Drax and Ra's Al Ghul?

If only mate, i really want hamill joker in my collection. But i dont think HT will do another figure from arkham series. I hope they do.

Hamill joker hot toys prototype was shown one or two years ago. I'm Sure they'll get round to making him.

I really hope they get the Joker made, too. It'd be awesome to have him to go with Batman, even if no one else ever gets made.

They went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Whiplash II, I'm sure Joker will make it out.
That's Iron Man though, they'll do anything from Iron Man. :lol

I mostly believe Joker will happen since companies love doing the Joker. We got two DX Nicholson Jokers, after all. It surprises me that we don't even have a Romero Joker to go with the 60s Batman stuff

Joker looks great in the Arkham games so I'd be down for one, definitely. HT latched onto Iron Man, because for some reason people will buy 45 armors a piece... If this Batman sells they will expand the line. Joker, AK Batman, Two-Face, Freeze... So many options. I missed out on TDK Two-Face so I've been hoping for a new one.

HT sorely needs a better game line... They repeatedly do MGS and Resident Evil but nothing else. More Batman figs, GTA5, the Witcher, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, etc. It'd be awesome if they sought out better licenses.

Can't stop looking at this figure. Arkham Batman makes me forget that I actually got the AoU Cap this weekend and already had it displayed on another shelf.

Again my apologies for the mess that is my shelf, still need more time to think how to rearrange.

P6290840_zpskuqixah1.jpg

I dig all the character designs in these games. To me the game is as close to a playable comic book as you can get, currently. I love it.

As for figures though...and this is not what I want or think should happen...but...the sales numbers that count are already out. They adjust expectations and production (there's a min they produce to break even or make a small profit, but if PO sales indicate strong fan response they increase that number) in the first 3-6 months (generally) of a PO window. Unless something drastic happens, like a figure doesn't kill it on PO but sells out in like a day or week at retail and the distribution network reports exceptionally stronger then expected sales...the success of the figure is determined long before it releases. If a figure doesn't go to waitlist in that 3-6 month window, or sell out at retail in the first week it's not a big seller. If it sells out in a month it has a chance to grow a lot. Chance. But generally speaking the figure is 50/50 for future releases if it doesn't hit those criteria. And then other factors come into account. Like if that character is a strong one. What the license costs, how complicated the approval process is, and what future versions of the character are in play..among other stuff.

With the arkham line it has the misfortune of having to compete with the BvS reboot. And a complicated license and approval process. There are three or more unique companies that hot toys has to get license from for this. Which makes it more costly. And DC is very controlling with how it's properties are handled merch wise...so old products or lesser tier don't compete in sales with a new property.

So the future of this property is very much questionable.

I dig all the character designs in these games. To me the game is as close to a playable comic book as you can get, currently. I love it.

As for figures though...and this is not what I want or think should happen...but...the sales numbers that count are already out. They adjust expectations and production (there's a min they produce to break even or make a small profit, but if PO sales indicate strong fan response they increase that number) in the first 3-6 months (generally) of a PO window. Unless something drastic happens, like a figure doesn't kill it on PO but sells out in like a day or week at retail and the distribution network reports exceptionally stronger then expected sales...the success of the figure is determined long before it releases. If a figure doesn't go to waitlist in that 3-6 month window, or sell out at retail in the first week it's not a big seller. If it sells out in a month it has a chance to grow a lot. Chance. But generally speaking the figure is 50/50 for future releases if it doesn't hit those criteria. And then other factors come into account. Like if that character is a strong one. What the license costs, how complicated the approval process is, and what future versions of the character are in play..among other stuff.

With the arkham line it has the misfortune of having to compete with the BvS reboot. And a complicated license and approval process. There are three or more unique companies that hot toys has to get license from for this. Which makes it more costly. And DC is very controlling with how it's properties are handled merch wise...so old products or lesser tier don't compete in sales with a new property.

So the future of this property is very much questionable.

:goodpost:

An AC Joker would be a first day pre-order for me. Infected and regular head scuplts would be a must.

I wonder if there'd be people or companies who would do a custom infected mouthplate for Bats. It'd be nice to have him look all damaged and stuff.

Back