1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this on PO, but the good price I was offered for an early stock at our local Toy Convention this weekend made me get this yesterday. Got this for $220. Took a quick photo, just changed the hands, faceplate and quickly futzed the cape. Lots of shelf presence and makes everyone he shares the shelf with look like wimps. The suit is not tacky at all, and feels more like DX09 than TF Batman Begins suit :)

Pardon my shelf -- I just sold a lot of figures and I'm yet to make a re-arrangement.

That might be an understatement, he absolutely out-muscles over my Arnold figures. :lol

I just wish we'd have more articulation in the shoulders. He's still insanely awesome, but I kinda wanna have him hold up supes by the neck against a wall.

Just unboxed mine, first impression I love the suit and the muscle tone, looks great. The belt mod is a must since for me it just rides to far up over his trunks and the head will just fall off its touched other then that he looks awesome. Now I did have him next to my Bat Armory Bats but that was not working since he was over powering him and I just can not find a decent pose for him and the crappy cape so my MOS is now posed next to him and they look great together in pose and size.

This was on my list but now I'm digging the new Arkham Knight armor and kinda wishing they went that route instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was on my list but now I'm digging the new Arkham Knight armor and kinda wishing they went that route instead.

They'll announce that next month and it will be scheduled for release in June 2018 with a delay to September

They'll announce that next month and it will be scheduled for release in June 2018 with a delay to September

You are really being optimistic. They will tease it and then show it at a convention. It will go up for pre-order in 2020 when the prices are $500 a figure and will be delayed until a year later.

HeubertMichael said:
P6220842_zpspx09w1pf.jpg

Lol @ bale...
tuog63pv4ls8soxffwkn.jpg

Had some post-work freetime yesterday so I thought of giving Arkham Batman's gauntlets and shinguards more detail. Added weathering/scratches as well as some mud on the boots. It looks much better in person, the gauntlets and the shinguards now look more like metal instead of cheap plastic. HT seems to have given less love on the weathering of this figure, unlike when they do it on their Iron Men. It's there, but it's poorly and faintly done it can barely be seen.

Tying to figure out how to put the same effects on the cape for consistency.

AKB%203_zpspz04efcx.jpg

AKB%202_zps1pu4z2nf.jpg

I like the weathering there. I don't usually mod my Hot Toys, but I do think those gauntlets and boots could use it. What technique did you use?

Thanks buddy. Yeah, I would highly recommend adding the weathering, it makes the gauntlets and shinguards look less cheap. I just used a small paintbrush (#0), and acrylic silver. Used SSC's Arkham Asylum Batman PF prototype pics as guide.

For the the mud, I used a combination of burnt umber, burnt sienna, and yellow ochre. Applied as splatter effect using a short but wide-bristled brush (#14).

Had some post-work freetime yesterday so I thought of giving Arkham Batman's gauntlets and shinguards more detail. Added weathering/scratches as well as some mud on the boots. It looks much better in person, the gauntlets and the shinguards now look more like metal instead of cheap plastic. HT seems to have given less love on the weathering of this figure, unlike when they do it on their Iron Men. It's there, but it's poorly and faintly done it can barely be seen.

He'll yes. Really nice touches added to this. Kudos.

Well done, looks better! :clap

I'm planning to get a second figure to do a full battle damage version, the only thing I'm concerned about is getting the suit to rip, since there is a give between the actual body and the vinyl suit.

Back