1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had some post-work freetime yesterday so I thought of giving Arkham Batman's gauntlets and shinguards more detail. Added weathering/scratches as well as some mud on the boots. It looks much better in person, the gauntlets and the shinguards now look more like metal instead of cheap plastic. HT seems to have given less love on the weathering of this figure, unlike when they do it on their Iron Men. It's there, but it's poorly and faintly done it can barely be seen.

Tying to figure out how to put the same effects on the cape for consistency.

AKB%203_zpspz04efcx.jpg

AKB%202_zps1pu4z2nf.jpg

Great job on the weathering buddy. Looks way better now :clap

Well done, looks better! :clap

I'm planning to get a second figure to do a full battle damage version, the only thing I'm concerned about is getting the suit to rip, since there is a give between the actual body and the vinyl suit.

I say go for it. That's why you are getting the 2nd one anyway, right. And give between the suit and the body is a good thing. This will make it more real.

I'd love to see the battle damaged cape from mid-end of arkham city replicated. I bet it would look good either on the stock or the tony version.

Thanks buddy. Yeah, I would highly recommend adding the weathering, it makes the gauntlets and shinguards look less cheap. I just used a small paintbrush (#0), and acrylic silver. Used SSC's Arkham Asylum Batman PF prototype pics as guide.

For the the mud, I used a combination of burnt umber, burnt sienna, and yellow ochre. Applied as splatter effect using a short but wide-bristled brush (#14).

Awesome. As nervous as I am at the thought of trying to mod a Hot Toys figure, I might go for it in this case.

He'll yes. Really nice touches added to this. Kudos.

Great job on the weathering buddy. Looks way better now :clap

Thanks guys! :)

Well done, looks better! :clap

I'm planning to get a second figure to do a full battle damage version, the only thing I'm concerned about is getting the suit to rip, since there is a give between the actual body and the vinyl suit.

Beautiful job weathering up the gauntlets and boots, Heubert! :clap Looks so much better now. Are you going to do the suit as well? After seeing what you did to your ASM1 figure, I'd love to see what you could do to this guy.

Thanks! I just got my second unit -- funny that I bought this at the Toy Con last week thinking that my PO would be here in 2 months. Turned out that the LCS I PO'd from gets their stocks earlier compared to the other stores (my first time to PO from them, and definitely won't be the last!). I was tempted to do a full-BD but since more POs are coming in I had to sell the new one to a friend. I'll see if I can get an extra cape to tear down.

When I get enough funds I'll get another. And yes, the technique I used for TASM1 is what I have in mind as it doesn't require cutting the suit :)

Awesome. As nervous as I am at the thought of trying to mod a Hot Toys figure, I might go for it in this case.

You can do trial and error with this one :) I think the boots and gauntlets are molded in colored plastic and is not painted, so you can easily "erase" your mistakes using diluted alcohol without harming the original color of the gauntlets and boots.

Yes! My Batman was shipped out! He'll be here on Thursday!
I'll be keeping UPS busy, Tuesday I pick up 66 Robin, Wednesday Sinestro and Thursday Batman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! :)

You can do trial and error with this one :) I think the boots and gauntlets are molded in colored plastic and is not painted, so you can easily "erase" your mistakes using diluted alcohol without harming the original color of the gauntlets and boots.

Very good to know. I wasn't sure if the gauntlets were totally unpainted or it was just hard to see.

Yes! My Batman was shipped out! He'll be here on Thursday!
I'll be keeping UPS busy, Tuesday I pick up 66 Robin, Wednesday Sinestro and Thursday Batman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine will be here Thursday, too! YAY!

I cancelled mine because I really hated the early promo shots plus the pics of it at Secret Base.... what changed? Anything? Everyones pics in this thread is going to make me order it again. It looks a lot different, like proportions and thickness... This goes perfectly with MoS Superman, which I have, so I think he needs a Batman to fight.

When I get enough funds I'll get another. And yes, the technique I used for TASM1 is what I have in mind as it doesn't require cutting the suit :)

That should look fantastic. I may attempt to replicate if it can be done to this suit. What technique did you use? It does look like some of the suit might have to be cut away - in some fashion skin is showing.

screenshot-6.jpg

I cancelled mine because I really hated the early promo shots plus the pics of it at Secret Base.... what changed? Anything? Everyones pics in this thread is going to make me order it again. It looks a lot different, like proportions and thickness... This goes perfectly with MoS Superman, which I have, so I think he needs a Batman to fight.

The biggest changes since the first shots were that Hot Toys got rid of the flabbiness around the waist and shorts look better.
I got an email from Sideshow with my tracking and Bats will be arriving Thursday. Super excited :yess:

He just barely fits in the Legend case! His ears touch the top, I had to spread his legs a bit to make him shorter.

I love this figure, it's huge though!

The biggest changes since the first shots were that Hot Toys got rid of the flabbiness around the waist and shorts look better.
I got an email from Sideshow with my tracking and Bats will be arriving Thursday. Super excited :yess:

It was a really good improvement over the prototype.

After replaying the trilogy I'm really eager to buy this... But only if they make an Arkham Joker. Is there a reasonable chance that he'll ever get released or will this stay in limbo just as the Drax and Ra's Al Ghul?

Back