1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more I see of this, the more of a beast I think it is. It's a home run provided it doesn't melt.

I'm very tempted by this guy. I can see all the points that people have brought out, but he just looks SO damn impressive just standing there. And even though the poses are limited, it's better than a statue. Which I know is sort of faint praise, but I was thinking about the price point and how nice it looks on a shelf versus the price of a similarly sized statue and it still works out well. And you do have SOME posing options.

Since the forum was down, I spent time on my newly arrived Bats and I can safely say that he is a BEAST. Articulation issues aside, he has the shelf presence that rivals some of the best Hot Toys figures. I think the reviews so far have failed to mention how big he is, as he is HUMONGOUS! He's much bigger than and Arnold figure in height, muscle and could tower over him even if Arnold's on the DX10 stand, so yes he is that big.

17633040194_728753082a_k.jpg

18229189756_12fa3086f3_k.jpg

18067886900_24b9aa2f5a_k.jpg

18067871600_b7285c62bc_k.jpg

18067790638_f68a0ad79c_k.jpg

18235267416_2b9cc2836b_k.jpg

18075512419_1726089c70_k.jpg

18075550559_0dade6f783_k.jpg

18257963162_a346fb7022_k.jpg

Also, my belt sits perfectly where it should, without a hint of it being too high. I'm assuming some batches had the glue applied wrong.

18073946028_e5d5a17e68_k.jpg

Size comparison with the T-800:

17639298714_6a56bfe1e9_b.jpg

Comparison with Snake from Metal Gear Solid:

18263234841_2310e9e3c2_o.jpg

I just saw Arkham Bats on display at a local store, and he looks fantastic in museum pose -- his proportions are beastly and suit looks alright without the ugly folds on some poses. I think he would actually complement SSC's comicbook Batman on a shelf.

My only true gripe with this figure is the way HT cut the boots, makes you think that the figure might have been rushed indeed just to get it off HT's backlog list. NECA's 2-piece boot on their 1/4 Arkham Origins Batman looks much better, as the shoe gets tucked at the back of the shin guard. HT's look as if the boots were one piece just cut clean by the ankles to have articulation. It can clearly be seen on Shartimus' review. They could have also done it DX12-style instead, where the cuts looked better.

EDIT: Added a screenshot from Shartimus Prime's review.

HTArkhamBootsSP_zpsbrhqyceb.jpg

You'd be happy to know that the shin guards slides back into place by pulling them down, hence the gaps won't be visible at all.

Are you really prefer SSC bat than HT Arkham ? SSC bat looks hideous and most likely flawed as well

I can see why they like it. The Sideshow body looks better.

image.jpg

Too bad it has that ugly, old man face. The again, I was never a fan of being able to see Batman's nose through the cowl, so the Arkham head isn't much better.

Sideshow's looks like a poseable toy, HT's might as well be a vaguely poseable statue; but it looks good.

The SSC body as muscular as it is wouldn't be big enough for this Batman. I can see why HT decided on the rubber suit rather than making a new larger muscle body that likely wouldn't be able to be used for many other figures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can see why they like it. The Sideshow body looks better.

View attachment 187888

Too bad it has that ugly, old man face. The again, I was never a fan of being able to see Batman's nose through the cowl, so the Arkham head isn't much better.

Yeah, the SCC looks great even if it is abit kit bashy, they just made the ugliest face possible. Whic is strange as the rest seems quite accurate, why use a hobo face?

After contemplating on where to display him, I decided to have him on his own because he's the Megalodon of Hot Toys. :lol

18343599575_26f9c626ab_h.jpg

18343586495_d97f04fc13_h.jpg

18343592095_a12a06ea5d_h.jpg

Yeah, you weren't kidding about the size at all, Ryan. He's a beast next to Naked Snake from that shot you showed. And good job with the display, he looks MUCH better by himself like that. Great poses with the cape, too.

That's awesome Ryan! Megalodon :rotfl

How'd you make the cape stay up?

Yeah, you weren't kidding about the size at all. He's a beast next to Naked Snake. And good job with the display, he looks MUCH better by himself like that. Great poses with the cape, too.

Thanks borthers!

I used a dot of blue tack on the edge of the cape. While the cape isn't that poseable, the lack of wire makes it drapes naturally.

I don't think you guys understand how HUGE he is- he is wider, bigger and has more mass than the entirety of Robocop, and his biceps are twice as large as the T1 MMS128 or the DX10. Yes, that big.

He is a great stand alone figure but would not do well posed in a collection as he is just too oversized. Pity as this could be the perfect comic batman for now.

He is a great stand alone figure but would not do well posed in a collection as he is just too oversized. Pity as this could be the perfect comic batman for now.

He's a tank in the game and the figure is a tank among 1/6 figures, so that translated well IMO. Plus he's Kevin Conroy, so he is the perfect Batman. :lol

On a side note, you guys should take note of the belt when they arrive, as mine is really low as it should be.

Back