1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing work. Too much skin on show on the forehead for my liking, but amazing.
Understandable, it was a bold choice to go for.

My logic is that I already have 2 heads with prison/interrogation scene make-up style so I wanted to go for something different so I picked a few screenshots from the Post Interrogation scene, the "I just want my phone call", the MCU escape and the police car scene and asked John to use them as reference for this sculpt.
I love it because his make-up is as messy as possible and he looks so menacing like that.

He'll go on this body :

1717871312000.png

The Artisan Joker for us in Europe was about 650/700 euros through Sideshow if you were lucky or more than 800 through Chinese reseller.

Can you believe that ? You get the Standard Inart for 350/400, you sell the headsculpt for 100 and then you get a nice custom head for about 400/500 and you get a better result than Hot Toys could ever achieve.
Maybe not a Yuan sculpt but now there's alternatives that are cheaper and almost as good if not as good for some of them.

If you're lucky enough you might even find a Yuan sculpt for less than 600, it happened to me and a friend of mine so you never know.

Isn't this essentially the same sculpt as the Hot Toys Artisan?

The difference good paint / rooting does..

Yes it is.

Blame the moveable eye system.
In my honest opinion Inarts ledger & hot toys artisan ledger suffer from the moment the moveable eyes system is implemented. Sculpted eyes all the way. I will always take likeness over “hey that will be fun for poses”.

The eye decals both companies are currently using just aren’t realistic enough, no depth, no soul. Basically one set of brown eyes with no characteristics or individuality for multiple characters and it doesn’t work. A lot of HT new sculpts are major improvements over their old work but they all suffer from the eyes.

Put Seeart's Jail scene rooted hair (done by Yuan) on John's half done sculpt. I'm sold after seeing that sculpt with hair.
View attachment 707067
I reckon it will be better than that for sure, John carefully try to replicate the haircut from the scene he's using as a reference. Have you seen his last one ? absolutely amazing work.
I think he's going to start working on a sample in the upcoming days.

I reckon it will be better than that for sure, John carefully try to replicate the haircut from the scene he's using as a reference. Have you seen his last one ? absolutely amazing work.
My man I really hope is John Wu cutting you in and giving you a commission. You are working OT selling this sculpt hard 😁

My man I really hope is John Wu cutting you in and giving you a commission. You are working OT selling this sculpt hard 😁
Haha actually no, I do it because I trully believe it's worth it.
And also because I love the guy, I think he deserve all the praise and if I can help him a little I'll do it.

image_2024-06-09_230909495.png

Waiting to see what Hot toys actually deliver with their 1st artisan. Predicting they haven't fixed the hairline issue and it will ship with 0 product in the hair resulting in some interesting pictures. 😂

Waiting to see what Hot toys actually deliver with their 1st artisan. Predicting they haven't fixed the hairline issue and it will ship with 0 product in the hair resulting in some interesting pictures. 😂
WB100 Wonder Woman came out just fine, arguably better than the prototype and to me, better than some of the “professional” rooted attempts I’ve seen. Sure, this is a different hair style altogether, but I don’t think it will be as bad as some are predicting. It won’t be at the level of some of the customs we’ve seen in this thread recently, but that’s also not what was advertised either. But, I know there’s a love to hate HT on this board :lol

Yes I did bud, that's some quality work right there 🤯😍 Congrats!

Back