1/6 scale Hunger Games from Star Ace Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The likeness is off, shes much prettier than that, but i can see Jen in there a bit.

They really need to work on their female figures, they seem very hit and miss.

Oh man. What happened to that figure. I'm gonna pass anyway, waiting for the Catching Fire version. That is if they plan on making one.

I can't believe they would even show this piece. It looks like a poor knockoff, not like a licensed figure from a company that's trying to compete with Hot Toys.

O3Lbuz.gif

IMO, sculpted is obviously set in stone (well, plastic) and can't be changed. You're stuck with whatever the manufacturer decided - like with Underworld Kate.

At least with Rooted you can futz and modify it - after several hours of tantrums and swear words, granted.

What's the source of that picture, Underwold54? Tokyo con? Was there a picture/tease of Newt's bag?

IMO, sculpted is obviously set in stone (well, plastic) and can't be changed. You're stuck with whatever the manufacturer decided - like with Underworld Kate.

At least with Rooted you can futz and modify it - after several hours of tantrums and swear words, granted.

What's the source of that picture, Underwold54? Tokyo con? Was there a picture/tease of Newt's bag?

Yes, Tokyo Con and yes there was a tease of Newt's briefcase.

It it had sculpted hair the first post would have been, it needs rooted hair.

You're not wrong. Still think it's the better option here.

Well yes, but how many hairstyles does she have in armor? One. It doesn't need that versatility here. It's like with Jyn Erso, sculpted is the way to go.

Well yes, but how many hairstyles does she have in armor? One. It doesn't need that versatility here. It's like with Jyn Erso, sculpted is the way to go.

Not on the same page. I dint say anything about doing different hairstyles. I don't have patience for that anyway. I was saying that they get one chance at getting sculpted right. Rooted can be messed about with until the look you're happy with. So, we'll agree to disagree.

Will need a much closer look at her face, hopefully its improved because the last time i saw it, it looked bad.

If we learned anything from Selena it's that we should wait to judge a Star Ace figure until the figure is in hand. Plus, that's an awful photo taKen from a distance and in under not so flattering lighting conditions.

Jeez, and some people thought Selene was off. I can't see JLaw anywhere in there.

Last edited:
Jeez, and some people thought Selena was off. I can't see JLaw anywhere in there.

She's out the back on a coffee break. That's her stunt double.

No official listing pictures yet, just a banner, but, erm, yeah. . . *backs away slowly*

Back