1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so, since he sucks so bad(your guys' words, not mine lol)..we need to get someone to make a better HS and offer it up..and parts to make our own....i just so happen to know someone who can sew(heh heh).....so we would be half way there....what do you guys think about something like that instead? i really wanted to PO the SSC one..but not sure now...

dont get me wrong..i like parts of him...but a more classic look would have been cooler..but i know that SSC likes to "update" their figures a bit and this is what happened...sigh...

would have been cooler to see him in another version..maybe the one with the trench coat or something....

I want a proper Destro head. Its not so much that they derped the head up, but they give us two, why not make one RAH version. Actually not even just RAH, although there have been odd variants, 99% of Destro versions look fairly similar, so with 2 heads its a little disappointing that neither fits into the majority of who this character supposedly is. I'm not even nitpicking most of the other stuff, I was really looking forward to a proper SSC chromed Destro sculpt.

That would flake in 6 months, but at least I'd have 6 months of happiness.

so, since he sucks so bad(your guys' words, not mine lol)..we need to get someone to make a better HS and offer it up..and parts to make our own....i just so happen to know someone who can sew(heh heh).....so we would be half way there....what do you guys think about something like that instead? i really wanted to PO the SSC one..but not sure now...

dont get me wrong..i like parts of him...but a more classic look would have been cooler..but i know that SSC likes to "update" their figures a bit and this is what happened...sigh...

would have been cooler to see him in another version..maybe the one with the trench coat or something....

Not even worried about the classic look, just more of a recognizable Destro look. RAH, Grenadier Commander, Money Bags, hell I think I'd rather see a Pimp Daddy version. :lol

I want a proper Destro head. Its not so much that they derped the head up, but they give us two, why not make one RAH version. Actually not even just RAH, although there have been odd variants, 99% of Destro versions look fairly similar, so with 2 heads its a little disappointing that neither fits into the majority of who this character supposedly is. I'm not even nitpicking most of the other stuff, I was really looking forward to a proper SSC chromed Destro sculpt.

yeah, coming with 2 heads and NEITHER of them being ARAH style is a bit ridiculous.

went back and reordered destro exclusive and used my 825 reward points getting him now for 138.79 , thank you reward system.

Wow, I must be blind or something but I just noticed the brow issue. What were they thinking? And to think I said I liked this one at first.

Yeah i d love one, gonna make my own destro, so one of your suits would be ideal for me, have an old rubber head i was gonna use and modify slightly

I've been looking for ways to competently chrome at home. Looks like I'm doomed unless someone on the boards decides to do a run of heads.

I've been looking for ways to competently chrome at home. Looks like I'm doomed unless someone on the boards decides to do a run of heads.
Do you just mean a high-shine chrome silver finish? Montana do a really good chrome silver spray... sure there are plenty available, the gilt gold Mando used on one of his SB buckets was great, must be a silver alternative of whatever it was.

$T2eC16V,!yUE9s6NEmHWBRcBiq1wK!~~60_3.JPG

With a little bit of work you could probably get an ok Destro head from this...
Eybrows need to go & little bit more definition sculpted into the brow/cheeks... then chrome it...
Just spent an hour looking at 1/6 heads... i now dont give a **** what his head looks like!

Only thing I care about on this figure to any degree is the thing that would be the hardest to fix (the jacket). I don't mind the regular portrait. The rockets on his wrist look pretty lame too, but that's minor. Finding a waist length leather jacket with a big red collar...snowballs in hell.

IMG_20140105_145124_zps52b74f65.jpg

Couldnt get rid of the eybrows on my phone, but you get the general idea.
I know im the only one... but i like this jacket...

I mean the vest... not the jacket. All you need to do is find something that matches it you can take the sleeves from!

I was hoping for something that looked more leather.

That is a pretty good portrait you posted, but making it chrome would be like building an ice castle in hell.

I guess i didnt really see it as leather so not as bothered. It would probably end up looking pleathery like the shiny red crimson guard uniforms...

Those didn't turn out to be shiny in the end. That material in black and red would have been perfect.

Fleece and/or polyester, not so much.

Back