1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering if you could just use that head and build up the eyes to look like slits and it would pull off a mask like look. A friend told me I could get some silvery crap at Home depot that would stick well if I layered it in small bits. May use one of my old TT heads as a guinea pig. What prep do you do before painting? Should I use mineral spirits or something to clean it first?( just pulled that out my *** it sounds like something I've read before) :lol

I'm wondering if you could just use that head and build up the eyes to look like slits and it would pull off a mask like look. A friend told me I could get some silvery crap at Home depot that would stick well if I layered it in small bits. May use one of my old TT heads as a guinea pig. What prep do you do before painting? Should I use mineral spirits or something to clean it first?( just pulled that out my *** it sounds like something I've read before) :lol

What do you need the "silvery crap" for? Use some sculpy around the eyes & brow to build it up a bit then use some primer... I'm not sure what US brands there are + I can't remember what I used to use...
I wasn't saying this head was perfect, but a good base to work on.

Yeah, I'll probably get whatever looks shiniest. I like my polished beryllium to look pimp.

$T2eC16V,!yUE9s6NEmHWBRcBiq1wK!~~60_3.JPG

With a little bit of work you could probably get an ok Destro head from this...
Eybrows need to go & little bit more definition sculpted into the brow/cheeks... then chrome it...
Just spent an hour looking at 1/6 heads... i now dont give a **** what his head looks like!

What sculpt is this?

After seeing inhand pics of the Comander I had another look at Destro... to be honest if you look past the bare chest is he really that bad? Take away the rivets around the sides of the mask & the Ex. Head aint that far off...
The facial features are almost EXACTLY the same as the card art!

After seeing inhand pics of the Comander I had another look at Destro... to be honest if you look past the bare chest is he really that bad? Take away the rivets around the sides of the mask & the Ex. Head aint that far off...
The facial features are almost EXACTLY the same as the card art!

No! he isn't bad at all! Yes,we all know he isn't perfect ARAH, but he does contain ARAH elements to him.As a figure,he looks badass!

No! he isn't bad at all! Yes,we all know he isn't perfect ARAH, but he does contain ARAH elements to him.As a figure,he looks badass!
I think we are in the minority here dude, but he is an awesome figure & im looking forward to him & Storm Shadow V.2

Cool, there more than just the 2 of us Teemu!

No one digs Destro? I Think he's the coolest GI-Joe who has been released so far from SS. Don't collect much GI-Joe stuff but Destro and Baroness are a must have. I use to have old Hasbro toys of GI-Joe stuff. Destro I had which was my favorite. So both Characters I have a history with especially Destro. Always dug the Metal face and awesome accessories etc.

No one digs Destro? I Think he's the coolest GI-Joe who has been released so far from SS. Don't collect much GI-Joe stuff but Destro and Baroness are a must have. I use to have old Hasbro toys of GI-Joe stuff. Destro I had which was my favorite. So both Characters I have a history with especially Destro. Always dug the Metal face and awesome accessories etc.
Few people aint happy with the headsculpts, covered chest & fleecey jacket. To be honest im not keen on the raised eyebrow head or the fleecey jacket but im glad his chest is covered!

Few people aint happy with the headsculpts, covered chest & fleecey jacket. To be honest im not keen on the raised eyebrow head or the fleecey jacket but im glad his chest is covered!

Ah I see well none of that bothers me really. I'm not too picky so as long as the figure looks great for the price I'm paying I'll be happy and this can replace my old Hasbro Destro that is gone.

Back