1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put a hood on that sculpt and they can double dip and sell that as a Dr. Doom head. I doubt anyone would look at it and say, hey that looks more like Destro than Dr. Doom.

Cool, there more than just the 2 of us Teemu!

of course there are more :lol....just because there are few vocal members here complaining all the time about Destro doesn't mean there are not ALOT of folks who also like the figure too

2618_DQy2000v_press02.jpg
100004-baroness-008.jpg

I still think they are going to look great together on my shelf and I'm sure he will need a body swap like all SS figures.

I was bidding on a MOC 1983, not 84 or 85 but the original, Destro on Ebay the other day and it went for 182.00. I have been collecting MOC 80's Joes since 1991 and that price, though close to the price of SSC's 1/6 Destro, is not bad. I could convince myself it was a good buy.
When it comes to the Sideshow Destro I see potential but just some of the design choices they made make this not an immediate buy. Storm Shadow, Baroness, Cobra Commander were all immediate pre-orders but Destro has me on the fence. I love the exclusive head and he looks great except the rivets going up and across his head. I really like the "evil face" because it looks like the card art but those rivets make it not look like the art. The boots, gauntlets and necklace are spot-on, just the head on uniform choice put me on the fence.

I was bidding on a MOC 1983, not 84 or 85 but the original, Destro on Ebay the other day and it went for 182.00. I have been collecting MOC 80's Joes since 1991 and that price, though close to the price of SSC's 1/6 Destro, is not bad. I could convince myself it was a good buy.
When it comes to the Sideshow Destro I see potential but just some of the design choices they made make this not an immediate buy. Storm Shadow, Baroness, Cobra Commander were all immediate pre-orders but Destro has me on the fence. I love the exclusive head and he looks great except the rivets going up and across his head. I really like the "evil face" because it looks like the card art but those rivets make it not look like the art. The boots, gauntlets and necklace are spot-on, just the head on uniform choice put me on the fence.

That was an awesome buy. I use to collect MOC old 80s joes, but it seems after a few years, the "o" ring would break in the package and the figure would just fall apart. That is the only downfall about collecting old figures moc.

That was an awesome buy. I use to collect MOC old 80s joes, but it seems after a few years, the "o" ring would break in the package and the figure would just fall apart. That is the only downfall about collecting old figures moc.
That really sucks.

He'll need an everything swap :lol
Do you like many Sideshow Joes? I cant help but wonder why some of you even bother collecting them unless your hobby is complaining.
Yeah, I complained about CC but some people seem to complain about almost all of them.

Aren't you hating on the new CC?

I'll get some parts from Destro to make a accurate one.
Yes, I pointed that out in my comment but im im not complaining about 90% of what they put out then buying it anyway am I... which was my point

Besides Cherry Cobra Commander and some QC issues, there wasn't much to complain about until V2 CC and Destro.

Destro was the first regular release I skipped on. Then Storm Shadow because of the camo choice and that version of SS is not a Cobra.

Besides cherry Cobra Commander and some QC issues, there wasn't much to complain about until V2 CC and Destro.

Destro was the first regular release I skipped on. Then Storm Shadow because of the camo choice and that version of SS is not a Cobra.

Hope i havent offended you, wasnt aimed at you dude.
If you read the press release for SS it said "Whether he's aligned with the vile terrorist organization COBRA, or carrying out a special mission for an old friend, Storm Shadow is always ready to strike!” it just makes more sense to package him as Cobra... you have to remeber a lot of people wont have a clue about his later alegience.
Im thinking hes going to be in my top 3 list...

Back