1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seing all the awesome Darth Vader customs using the Kayiodo parts I had to make one.
So two weeks ago I got one from ebay and I started customizing my SS Vader.

I used the face mask, shoulder armor, grieves and boot feet (the last two you cannot see them on the pics.)
Painted everything and made them fit the modded SS body.

The dome isn't fixed yet as I have to trim a bit of the flare.

IMG_2487_zpscnoj8vwx.jpg

IMG_2490_zps1wjjsqtq.jpg

IMG_2492_zpsrlwysskm.jpg

IMG_2497_zpsjegihexx.jpg

IMG_2500_zpsbv4fzlbv.jpg

Last edited:
here are some more shots. Im weary of doing the dome mod cause I like where it sits when it comes to his eyes, its just not long enough. i shortened the neck again a bit to make up for that.

lgy3.jpg

I'm finally going for this mod.

Just a body swap, shorten this new body neck.

No mods on the original figure parts, keep it as new, except for glueing the tusks, and the cold cathode saber, which is a must for me!

Wish me luck!

After seing all the awesome Darth Vader customs using the Kayiodo parts I had to make one.

I used the face mask, shoulder armor, grieves and boot feet (the last two you cannot see them on the pics.)

IMG_2487_zpscnoj8vwx.jpg

IMG_2490_zps1wjjsqtq.jpg

IMG_2492_zpsrlwysskm.jpg

IMG_2497_zpsjegihexx.jpg

IMG_2500_zpsbv4fzlbv.jpg

:clap

Excellent custom job elvis1976.

Elvis, that is quite possibly the best Darth Vader I have ever seen. Hot Toys will he hard pressed to make one as good.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

IMG_2487_zpscnoj8vwx.jpg

Shoulders look just a bit too wide, but with the dome tweaked that's going to look amazing.

Does anyone know where I can obtain a replacement suit that is the quilted kind? I tried ebay for the SS V1 vader, but never see anything by itself

Does anyone know where I can obtain a replacement suit that is the quilted kind? I tried ebay for the SS V1 vader, but never see anything by itself

I'm looking as well. Tough to find on eBay unless you buy an old SS version. I heard the quilted version breaks down with age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_2487_zpscnoj8vwx.jpg

IMG_2490_zps1wjjsqtq.jpg

IMG_2492_zpsrlwysskm.jpg

IMG_2497_zpsjegihexx.jpg

IMG_2500_zpsbv4fzlbv.jpg

Wow.
That really does look quite beautiful.
Is this the Kayodo you used?

Kaiyodo Darth Vader 1 6 Vinyl Figure Model Completed Built Up Star Wars | eBay

Here's my custom vader currently, have a few more things to finish but he's nearly complete
Thanks to Matrix for all the advice, and thanks to Galactiboy for painting the mask and chest armor!

Incredible Dr. Odd! Love the shoulders and mask. I'm guessing everything but the mask and chest/shoulder armor is SS 2.0?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back