1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, that McFarlane figure was god awful. Stuck in that one sideways pose. They haven't changed much haha.

aah it was great for its time though.
That original 'Movie Maniacs' line basically started off the whole higher end toy market for pop culture stuff.

I remember going mental for The Crow, Snake, Freddy, Ash (and Evil Ash! :D )

Now when I look at collectibles shops and see a whole wall of movie figures with entire massive lines for Terminator and other movies, I think its all from that Movie Maniacs line....

Man, that McFarlane figure was god awful. Stuck in that one sideways pose. They haven't changed much haha.

aah it was great for its time though.
That original 'Movie Maniacs' line basically started off the whole higher end toy market for pop culture stuff.

Exactly!

I remember going mental for The Crow, Snake, Freddy, Ash (and Evil Ash! :D )

Back when Mcfarlane started stuff like this, what made it great was that it *wasn't* some mego-looking poseable-toy, but a relatively accurate(I know Snake was a mish mash), little 6 inch statue of the character. And for not a lot of cash. I still have that Snake figure in the attic. Makes me want to go and dig him out!

Now when I look at collectibles shops and see a whole wall of movie figures with entire massive lines for Terminator and other movies, I think its all from that Movie Maniacs line....

Back in the day, Forbidden Planet in Glasgow had a display of figures on the right when you walked in the store and they were all Movie Maniacs or similar. They still have that same display now, and although they are figures made by many different manufacturers, i reckon they all owe a little something to Mcfarlane for getting the ball rolling with obscure baddies being made as figures. Some of the modern ones are incredible. I don't collect them, but i am often amazed at the paint apps on those figures.

Back when Mcfarlane started stuff like this, what made it great was that it *wasn't* some mego-looking poseable-toy, but a relatively accurate(I know Snake was a mish mash), little 6 inch statue of the character. And for not a lot of cash. I still have that Snake figure in the attic. Makes me want to go and dig him out!

Man, I remember Mcfarlane was king back in the day. They were really a big deal, they were the s*** so to speak. I can't believe how the mighty have fallen.

Then again, I'm only into 1/6 figures nowadays so I don't care what Mcfarlane does, they probably can't win me back. :lol

Man, I remember Mcfarlane was king back in the day. They were really a big deal, they were the s*** so to speak. I can't believe how the mighty have fallen.

Then again, I'm only into 1/6 figures nowadays so I don't care what Mcfarlane does, they probably can't win me back. :lol

I am sure they got a whole generation into collecting movie characters.
That we have all moved up in what we collect doesn't mean that they couldn't win over a while new generation.
I'm not sure how many people are interested in 6" non-poseable figures now.

They were the premiere company when it came to 6 inch scale. Now all they got is awful the Walking Dead figures.

Okay. I found my Mcfarlane Snake.
Mainly for his guns of course.
So, is the Mcfarlane machine gun accurate enough for you guys?(I am sure those watching this thread are experts, lol).

C98FAE0F-3C02-47E8-A306-2648ABC8D433.jpg

They were the premiere company when it came to 6 inch scale. Now all they got is awful the Walking Dead figures.

Rumor has it that they started to loose licenses after they revealed an unmasked Raiden before Metal Gear Solid 2 came out and angered Konami. I heard this from a Hot Toys stock holder, though there's no way to validate that claim.

Okay. I found my Mcfarlane Snake.
Mainly for his guns of course.
So, is the Mcfarlane machine gun accurate enough for you guys?(I am sure those watching this thread are experts, lol).

C98FAE0F-3C02-47E8-A306-2648ABC8D433.jpg

Oh man I gotta screencap the movie one of these days to be sure. Though the scope might be wrong if I recall.

Rumor has it that they started to loose licenses after they revealed an unmasked Raiden before Metal Gear Solid 2 came out and angered Konami. I heard this from a Hot Toys stock holder, though there's no way to validate that claim.

I believe it. I forgot all about that blunder. I've heard nothing but bad interactions with McFarlane and fans, like he charges way too much for sketches.

You didn't like when he was surfing?

Surf-500x208.jpg

I saw EFLA at the cinema when it was released, and feel that even the cringeworthy parts are still great.
In my opinion it's on the level of "so very bad that it's still good".
I could watch Escape From LA any day of the week and enjoy it.
That surfing scene is so rubbish that it's brilliant.

Just watched Escape From New York, I think they put too much lipstick on Snake that his lips stood out so much.

If that's the only thing you took away from the movie I think you focused too much attention on Kurt's mouth. But, who can blame ya. He's a good lookin man.

Back