1/6 The Amazing Spider-Man Collectible Figure 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow nice…..can we also get a proper Tobey Spider-Man now?
I suspect a Tobey 2.0 from Rami also. They essentially have 3 more Spidey costumes to do and they can also do a battle damaged from Spiderman 2 if they wanted...

But I do expect them to do more Rami Spideys bc Hot Toys loves money.

Yeah its definitely not just the old sculpt copy and pasted, it does look like HTs did take the original sculpt and refined it. (Not a bad thing, saves time and they had a good foundation to work from) The mouth and expression look similar, but hair is more refined, better face proportions and added battle damage.

Never would've thought I'd end up with this one, since I wasn't ever going to track down an older version of a figure from a movie that I'm not really crazy about, but I always appreciated at least that this suit design looked distinct from the Tobeys. And this update looks really decent. Seriously tempting. Credit where credit's due, they've been making some unexpected choices recently (today especially).

Hot Toys did not disappoint with that new body for him... I only wish we had option for artisan hair for him.

6xZWtxU.gif

460989761_932026308961382_7641005624363311484_n.jpg

This figure is basically inviting a new Tobey. I reckon we could get a situations like the Bale armoury. They'll announce a new Tobey (Spider-Man 2 feels right) then announce at the same time the black suit will be updated to look more like the new version.

I know why the black suit looks the way it does, they want it to match the red and blue version. But now I feel they have to give us a new trilogy Tobey.

What could the diorama/ deluxe be for a new Tobey? Legacy figures always tend to go all out as the films have been out for years, no spoiler worry, also tempt newer fans in.

I am so surprised to see such a warm reception for a suit that everyone dunked on for so long. Awesome to see people get a chance to add it to their shelves if they're into it.

I can't get behind this suit, though XD. With those armpit-to-crotch lines, this is all I ever think of when I see this suit:

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 0
This figure is basically inviting a new Tobey. I reckon we could get a situations like the Bale armoury. They'll announce a new Tobey (Spider-Man 2 feels right) then announce at the same time the black suit will be updated to look more like the new version.

I know why the black suit looks the way it does, they want it to match the red and blue version. But now I feel they have to give us a new trilogy Tobey.

What could the diorama/ deluxe be for a new Tobey? Legacy figures always tend to go all out as the films have been out for years, no spoiler worry, also tempt newer fans in.
Agreed, I do feel like a Tobey apology figure will arrive, aimed with the Spidey 2 license. Cool diorama for deluxe would be a partial wall leading down to Octavius' machine.

Wow never thought I'd see them revisit this figure. I've always been a big fan of this suit, but I'm just too burnt out on Marvel right now to want to spend money on one.

Back