1/6 The Amazing Spider-Man Collectible Figure 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah this mask just isn't it. They really struggle with getting the mask to look accurate on these movie Spider-Man figures. So bizarre.

fSbgeyl.png
cD74ioE.png

Another collector on YT mentioned this Spider-Man signal tower diorama looked like the DX07 Cloud City weather vane (included with Luke Skywalker Bespin 2-Pack).

After comparing the two, while they share some resemblances, they are different. Had to do a double take since my memory was fuzzy on what the Cloud City dio looked like.

Looks good, never really got into those films but I always liked Garfield in the role.
Suit looks good and pops with colour.
Diorama base is interesting and may allow for some interesting poses.
I also like the camera and backpack/skateboard accessories.

Been looking for a cool red and blue spidey look and I quite like this.
But I may wait and see if they tackle a younger Tobey figure 2.0.

Anyone have any idea why this figure is coming now? After the struggle that was trying to get Andrew’s likeness rights to do a new figure for No Way Home?

Seems like an all-around great release and effort on Hot Toys part, aside from the poor mask execution y’all pointed out.

Is the mask on this sculpted or fabric. It would make more sense making it sculpted rubber. They'll do a better job that way over material. Also I do believe they can do a NWH figure now then and add the separate eyes and also give him a better suit and body imo.

IMG_4590.jpeg

Still has a seam running across
the top of the masked portrait, definitely not sculpted.

Which explains why everything isn’t properly centered, akin to all of their other Spider masks.
I think sculpted isn’t the way to go, but neither is the current mask. The pattern is also oversized on the mask.

Anyone have any idea why this figure is coming now? After the struggle that was trying to get Andrew’s likeness rights to do a new figure for No Way Home?

Seems like an all-around great release and effort on Hot Toys part, aside from the poor mask execution y’all pointed out.
Hoping the PO is not up for a while so I don’t have to place a NRD, amongst my other new POs (Mondo Animated Spider-Man, which requires full pay).

I’m getting slammed this month with nearly $10K in final payments due for various collectibles, mainly to these 3:
  • JND Superman (duo)
  • Prime 1 Batman 89 (duo)
  • IS Daenerys bust (duo)

Back