1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine for a bargain. Man, I never really liked SS's kneejoints on my GI Joes, but here on Boba I think they really suck. It's a good thing I saved enough on the purchase, to get a new body for him. What body would be most recommended guys? Thanks!

Just got mine for a bargain. Man, I never really liked SS's kneejoints on my GI Joes, but here on Boba I think they really suck. It's a good thing I saved enough on the purchase, to get a new body for him. What body would be most recommended guys? Thanks!

I would say the consensus of which body that is better than the SSC boba body for him is the TT slim. I prefer it for a more accurate look but I flip flop between the boba body and the slim both look great for him in my opinion.

I would say the consensus of which body that is better than the SSC boba body for him is the TT slim. I prefer it for a more accurate look but I flip flop between the boba body and the slim both look great for him in my opinion.

thanks man! I'm actually happy with how it looks, just not how it fares when being posed. I think I wouldn't mind if I had him standing up, but since I wanted to give him a dynamic mid-air look, I felt bad about the knee joints. I guess I'd keep it stock for now, though.

Thanks buddy!

wgtd4508.jpg

Despite the nitpickers and their complaining, It really is a great figure, just port it to a TT slim.

how do you fit the shoes and also the hands though if swapped to TT slim?

The Sideshow wrist pegs will fit into the slim TT's forearms by cutting a bit of the ends off, as seen below in this before-and-after shot I put together:

As for the boots, dunk them into some really hot water for a minute and the ankle pegs can be pulled off and replaced by the rounded Hot Toys ones. Note, however, that you may have to spring for a set of the longer ones to make up for the slightly shorter stature of the slim TT body.

The Sideshow wrist pegs will fit into the slim TT's forearms by cutting a bit of the ends off, as seen below in this before-and-after shot I put together:

As for the boots, dunk them into some really hot water for a minute and the ankle pegs can be pulled off and replaced by the rounded Hot Toys ones. Note, however, that you may have to spring for a set of the longer ones to make up for the slightly shorter stature of the slim TT body.

There is also the cheaters way out I swapped the ssc wrist pegs for the TT pegs works just fine.

The boots is were I cheated couldn't get on peg out no matter how long in any type of hot water so I just wrapped the legs in a little b it of athletic tape and fit them into the TT ball holes. He will never stand on his own this way but I get more articulation than with any peg just have to keep him on the stand which is fine with me :)

The boots is were I cheated couldn't get on peg out no matter how long in any type of hot water so I just wrapped the legs in a little b it of athletic tape and fit them into the TT ball holes. He will never stand on his own this way but I get more articulation than with any peg just have to keep him on the stand which is fine with me :)

Trust me, MC, those Sideshow pegs will come out! The boot material is pretty rigid when cool, but becomes pliable in water that's been boiled. Pliers may be needed, but it's one of those moments when the toys have to be taught who's boss! :wink1:

Trust me, MC, those Sideshow pegs will come out! The boot material is pretty rigid when cool, but becomes pliable in water that's been boiled. Pliers may be needed, but it's one of those moments when the toys have to be taught who's boss! :wink1:

Oh the water trick worked in the past on other figures I worked on but for some reason boba didn't want to lose his pegs. Even broke one of the prongs off the peg trying to get it off that's when I decided to get the athletic tape (2 beers into the mod) and macgyver it together ;)

Would a Bank Robber Joker body work? Can't remember if it is a slim body or not. I tried putting on a custom Jango head I bought from someone here, but the neck looks took long. Would (if possible to even swap) it look better on the Joker's body?

Would a Bank Robber Joker body work? Can't remember if it is a slim body or not. I tried putting on a custom Jango head I bought from someone here, but the neck looks took long. Would (if possible to even swap) it look better on the Joker's body?

I may not be 100% on this but I believe the joker body is a narrow shoulder or close to it. From what I have seen the narrow looks ok but requires at least forearm mods plus everything associated with the slim conversions. You would probably be better off using the TT slim body but that is just my preference from what I have found and seen.

Figured I would post my TT slim and vest modded boba since I haven't had any actual opinions on it since my recent mods to him. Any advice is appreciated and any comments are appreciated to (ps I am waiting to do the helmet mod till I get another helmet) I will be doing more work on him in the near future due to your never truly done modding a figure :pfft:

59FDD682-8518-41F6-AB6F-BEB9B5197EEE-713-0000018DC0F3AB85_zpsc8e76b3c.jpg

Back