1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't do hyperbole.
You just called them recent horrors.. of course you do. :wave :lol

Angelica and Wolverine were good sculpts, but not of the people they were based on.
Yes.. I just said that.. & you quote me just to make the same point as a counter? What was the point of that? :lol

By you actually making that comment, you've just shown you exaggerated in your previous post. :lol

Even when HT didn't get it right, they had a human quality to them, as opposed to SS who ended up with production pieces looking like dolls, which was the fate of many DML heads.
That was my initial point - strength of likeness doesn't negate quality, & HT usually make quality figures.

No offense mate, but I'm not sure what's going on - are you ultimately agreeing with me, or just repeating my posts & arguing with yourself? :lol

You're plain calling them horrors - I completely disagree. They're NOT. We clearly have opposing views. :lol

I agree though - DX05 Indy was disappointing, & I wanted a nice high end IJ figure too. That said - the set as a whole was amazing value - like DX07 Luke. Still, the Ford head ruined the party for a lot of people, yeah. Generally speaking though - yes, HT currently ARE the 1/6 benchmark, warts & all.

Back to SSC Hoth Luke though - I really hope the final figure turns out great for everyone who wants it. As you mentioned - bigger picture, it'll mean SSC are finally coming into their own regarding their human portraits. If they beat HT to making a nice Theed battle Padme, or Endor Leia, I'll be in line to buy them don't worry. :duff

Last edited:
Bespin Luke ("before" headsculpt) does not photograph well. On my computer screen it looks like Johnny Depp. On my shelf it looks far more like Mark Hamill.

Nowhere, cause I ain't interested. :lol Shipped to AUS, most places will be close to that.

Classic hyperbole - all three of those are quality figures. Gordon aside, the likenesses may not be greater than 90% but that doesn't lessen their quality.

I'm not up to speed on that one, I'll take your word for it. :lol

Ah, I forget you're down there... Hell, nothing is cheap for you.

I think many of the SW aliens that SS has released can and do compare to the quality of HT. Still, the one thing that HT does give us that SS does not is that for more of their figures look amazing right out of the box. I think my SS Vader, Ben and Gandalf are as nice as any of my HT figures, but each of them are highly modded and customized with new bodies, paint apps and custom accessories.

They're still doing it though. :lol

Ep1 Obi-Wan - WTF was that thing? Two tone hair / pony tail paint job, iffy Darlene likeness, a neck piece that looked like a middle aged man's shaft, dodgy lightsaber / arm combo. Jeez.. :lol

Hot Toys have exactly one Star Wars product on the market. If anyone has something to prove, it's HT, not SSC. I'm sure someone will still be waiting for HT's Anakin long after SSC release these Hoth figures. Oh, it's definitely coming next year! I can hear it now.

I personally own two of the bigger recent flawed HT releases, Indy and Alice, but every HT release, including all the DX and non-DX I own have different issues - they all have sculpt issues for starters. But I don't have any plans to get rid of any of them, and I knew all this before buying them in the first place. I'm not sure why some people have to turn this into a competition between the two brands. I suppose if you want to exclusively buy product from one you'll always be disappointed, at the very least for lack of selection.

:lol At all the hate for Hot Toys in this thread. You know because they make such terrible, terrible products. Give me a break, they aren't always completely perfect but the way people in here act you'd think they put out crappy products consistently which I'm sorry isn't the case at all. At the end of the day they make good products by and large, maybe not always one hundred percent perfect but what ever is?

Back