1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Luke will be good, give it a chance.

The Hot Toys Luke wasn't perfect either, take the good value price out of the deal and you still had a pretty good likeness but my vane came unglued, as did the magnets, as did other glued on parts and it was a pretty easy outfit to get right too.

Lets see how this one, Han and the Taun Taun from Sideshow goes, they should be excellent by now Sideshow!

If you offer anything short of exultant praise for Hot Toys, you're a hater. If you offer anything short of bitter contempt for Sideshow, you're an apologist.

Law of the Broken Cookie. :lecture

If you offer anything short of exultant praise for Hot Toys, you're a hater. If you offer anything short of bitter contempt for Sideshow, you're an apologist.

Law of the Broken Cookie. :lecture
That's really not the case in trying to make. I just find it kind of silly when people try and trash them like they're products are hugely flawed on a consistent basis or something. Some releases are better than others but Hot Toys on their worst day are still usually better than most companies on their best day. I'm not trying to sound like a fan boy but of all their releases I haven't seen that many really poor efforts.

Who said their products are hugely flawed on a consistent basis?
No one out right said that I'll give you but just a bunch of snide remarks kind of would make you think some people feel that way or something. Whatever though I guess. Sorry it isn't just this thread I guess but I seem to read comments like that a lot on these boards and it gets kind of old and it was irritating me when I read it.

Back to the figure, I like both this version of Luke and the Hoth Han and the entire first part of The Empire Strikes Back where they're on Hoth is one of my favorite parts of all Star Wars but I'll probably pass as I just got Bespin Luke and kind of hope for other figures from Bespin. I would love a Chewbacca wearing the backpack with C3PO's damaged parts.

Hot Toys is #1 everyone knows that, let's move on.

I hope these two SS figs are not the usual proto to production fails SS puts out. Pretty protos mean nothing if you can't produce a good end product. And to be honest i've quite had it with SS's ****t in this dept.

I'm not a hater, i want SS to do good always have.(I'm rooting for you here SS) They just don't. Hopefully they turn a corner with these. (but i gotta say, i have my doubts and they're plenty justified)

These turning out great would be beyond epic!
:pray:

Last edited:
It would cool if they made Echo base Luke and Han 2-pack like HT Bespin Luke . Price ?????

They will most likely show the gallery early next week, probably Tuesday, and they'll reveal the price then.

Awesome! Looking forward to the tauntaun and seeing Luke's photos!

Sucks no Han, though! :mad:

Looks like I'm going to have a probot and tauntaun sitting lonely on a shelf til the big guy arrives. :(

It looks great. Unfortunately, I have reservations the production piece will mirror the proto pic but looking forward to it either way.

That was very Anakin of you, Flosi. :lol

5267.83352259.100412.jpg

Back