1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mixed feelings about that, haha. Have Grievous, RoboCop and ED-209 on preorder, already, and all due in first two months of 2014. :monkey4

I'm OK with a break but can't deny I'll preorder straight away if they were to go up. :monkey4

I doubt we'll see them up for pre-order any time soon. I would guess at least next month in the earliest.

Or it could even be next year!

Yeah, I tend to think it'll be a long while since it's on the 'get notifications' page for e.mail updates at SSC's site. Everything that's on that page has been there forever.

All i know is that if SS ****s these up they might as well quit the 1/6 game. This is absolutely SS's last chance with me. I love what i see so far, and if that comes out in production very close to what we see here halleluiah.

Too many people will be super pissed if they pull another PROTO TO PRODUCTION FAIL. Especially with how good these look. Us fans deserve good OT 1/6 figs, HT is dragging their feet, and if SS can come up big here..............Win. It's 2013 SS, Shyyt or get off the pot.

/Cautiously optimistic

We'll see.

All i know is that if SS ****s these up they might as well quit the 1/6 game. This is absolutely SS's last chance with me. I love what i see so far, and if that comes out in production very close to what we see here halleluiah.

Too many people will be super pissed if they pull another PROTO TO PRODUCTION FAIL. Especially with how good these look. Us fans deserve good OT 1/6 figs, HT is dragging their feet, and if SS can come up big here..............Win. It's 2013 SS, Shyyt or get off the pot.

/Cautiously optimistic

We'll see.

I fell off the Sideshow Star Wars Wagon a few years ago now. The Hot Toys Bespin Luke is the only one I really consdier worthwhile. I do like the Clones they have been coming out with, but I dont like to veer away from straight up movie characters.

The Luke and Han on Tauntaun look to have promise, but I dunno if I have room for two of those bad boys. Will they come WITH the tauntuans or will they be sold separately?

These days I really long for a well made Han Solo. The Enterbay / UU one doesnt do it for me, especially at its price point.

I fell off the Sideshow Star Wars Wagon a few years ago now. The Hot Toys Bespin Luke is the only one I really consdier worthwhile. I do like the Clones they have been coming out with, but I dont like to veer away from straight up movie characters.

The Luke and Han on Tauntaun look to have promise, but I dunno if I have room for two of those bad boys. Will they come WITH the tauntuans or will they be sold separately?

These days I really long for a well made Han Solo. The Enterbay / UU one doesnt do it for me, especially at its price point.

Sold separately.

I don't see this going up before 2014. My guess is perhaps in February - after vader ships.

These ssc releases are what I'm most looking forward to in the SW universe - I really couldn't care less what HT may or may not be working on.

Really looking forward to these, as well, but SSC have a ways to go in making HT seem superfluous. A long, long way. Hopefully Hoth Han and Luke are as nice in production as the prototypes. I'm really pulling for them to come through this time and not ****-up Trevor's sculpts with their generally miserable paint apps (speaking of humans in general).

What Hot Toys has outdone Sideshow, or something?

Maybe if they do something besides two versions of the same figure with a passing likeness to the actor.

If you think Hot Toys Luke has a passing likeness to Mark Hamill I'm guessing you're not too happy with previous Sideshow humans?

I see most of the SSC Lukes and the others and I understand how these guys feel:

2lkd1j4.gif

awdc00.gif

Granted they were much cheaper, but now the price has come up, they need to be equally good.

Back