1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting that SDCC video, highlander. Everything looks so good in the Hoth display, including Vader. Man, expensive year coming up.

Like a Wampa slapped face?
Oh yaaaaaaah, totally forgot SSC said that they were going to include both. Really looking forward to seeing that (guessing Tuesday, as someone mentioned). :duff

Battle damaged sculpt is standard, so I wonder what useless bobble they could throw in as an exclusive...
It might be more appropriate for Han (though my understanding is that Han's exclusive is the Hasbro blue coat -- assuming what we heard at SDCC is accurate), but maybe a transponder? If it's something like that, I could see going for it. If not, I'll order locally and save.

Last edited:
I wonder if you'll be able to order them separately or do you have to order both?
Do you think they'll be cheaper than Bruce Banner and The Hulk 2 pack from Hot Toys?

I wonder if you'll be able to order them separately or do you have to order both?
Do you think they'll be cheaper than Bruce Banner and The Hulk 2 pack from Hot Toys?

Caption under the pic says figures sold separately. Thankfully as unfortunately I think the Taun may be too rich for my blood and I'm betting 189 for Luke so he will be expensive enough.

You can't have one without the other, just like the Dewback doesn't look the same without a Sandtrooper and try getting one of those these days!!

I'm interested in seeing what the final piece looks like and the price but doubt i'll get Luke and definitely not the Tauntaun.

Han on the other hand :impatient:

Scoop: Here's the exclusive bobble head. It's not as nice at the one that came with HT's Bespin Luke, but at least his one comes with a proper base.

3533448.jpg

I'd like them both, and Han as well. IMO, the Tauntaun is more iconic than the pair of Luke+Tauntaun and can be used with Han without ever owning the Luke figure. I'm definitely not in for 2 Tauntauns. ;)

Maybe it's my wallet talking but I don't think both Luke and Han on Tauntauns would be that visually interesting (just seems sorta static with them each on the same mount and height). The way Sideshow displayed the three at SDCC is I think the best.

I hope these two SS figs are not the usual proto to production fails SS puts out. Pretty protos mean nothing if you can't produce a good end product. And to be honest i've quite had it with SS's ****t in this dept.

I'm not a hater, i want SS to do good always have.(I'm rooting for you here SS) They just don't. Hopefully they turn a corner with these. (but i gotta say, i have my doubts and they're plenty justified)

These turning out great would be beyond epic!
:pray:

Yes I totally agree with your post. If they're no good I'll cancel.

Ok, how far back are people going when judging Sideshow's performance? Are we going far back enough where every major player was producing less than stellar production pieces?

I'm honestly expecting this Skywalker figure to be at least the same level of quality as Hot Toys DX07, but with an even better head sculpt.

Ok, how far back are people going when judging Sideshow's performance? Are we going far back enough where every major player was producing less than stellar production pieces?

I'm honestly expecting this Skywalker figure to be at least the same level of quality as Hot Toys DX07, but with an even better head sculpt.

I'm going to agree with this. It feels as if they've really stepped up their game. Maybe the production figures could be crappy, but I'm sure they also aware they're competing with the Hot Toys Luke, and they're going to do what they can to make their Luke and Han amazing.

I have never seen a Sideshow piece whose paint apps can match a typical Hot Toys release, figure or statue. Last figures from SSC I've had were some Joes from last year.

These seem like a new step for them. The new clone helmets and portrait techniques feels like them moving forward. I could be wrong, they could be a huge disappointment, but I'm hopeful.

Back