1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just confirmed with Trevor that he says that this sculpt will be very true 1/6 scale. :yess:

I can't believe I didn't think to look back at Hot Toys' promo shots of DX07 while were were talking about proto to production changes. Honestly, I don't think I ever looked at the one I'm about to post below, as when I placed my order the figure had long been out and I was looking predominately at in-hand photos fem collectors.

The difference in proto and press shots to the final production figure are night and day. While I like the product very much, the head sculpts, especially the clean one, do not look anything like the ones shown in the pressers. Different sculpt, different paint app, different hair. Unless someone did head-swaps at the factory only box, I imagine this is the same for everyone. ;)

My figure doesn't look anything like this regardless of lighting. This product image, with respect to face, looks like a pasted photograph of Mark Hamill, it's that good. I've also futzed for a bit on it and as far as I can tell, it's near impossible, if not impossible, to fit the jacket and collar like this too. The collar on mine definitely looks like it's taller than in this photo and there's no way I could get it to roll around the neck and under the chin like that. But I'll be damned if I'm not going to try again! ;)

901399-product-feature-740x448.jpg

If people are happy with how DX07 looks in hand, Sideshow would have to really make a mess of their production to cause disappointment.

Last edited:
Actually, there was a ton of controversy when the in-hand pics arrived of Bespin Luke because of the huge difference between the proto and production. No question the proto is better in every way than what was actually released (outfit is obviously using a different material altogether and not sure what happened with the sculpt).

I think the main problem was offering two figures and a dio for $300.00. HT had to cut corners and it shows for sure in the final product. That said, proto to production downgrades are pretty rare for HT. Shame it had to be their first SW release for it to happen.

Hmm.. Now I'm wondering if there have been even more changes over the course of production (running changes). I've done some quick looks through the other thread since posting, but I'll have to look a little closer tomorrow. I'm finding that quite a few in-hand collector images look a lot closer to the proto than my figures do. And I've also found at least two variations of the sweaty hair piece. The one I have is definitely sculpted differently than the proto and is what shows up in many (most) in-hand images. Then I've seen some supposed in-hand images with a hair piece that more closely matches the proto, at least in sculpt. Strange.

Back