1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am soooo stoked for this holy. Love the SS exclusive head. This is the first SS exclusive I have been compelled to buy!

Cannot wait to see Han, any idea on PO date?

The BD sculpt is ugly as ****. The outfit looks fantastic.

Mixed feelings on the regular sculpt. Looks better with the head gear on I think. He looks better at certain angles than others. Ill have to sit on this one for a while....

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Unless I'm wrong, I assume this will have two partial heads and a set of hair and Hoth helmet that can be swapped around. So a similar design to the the DX07 with two heads and two wigs.

Ok, where are the people who thought this Luke wouldn't be at least $200? Just wanted to say "nya nya, your pricing mojo sucks."

Are these pricier than expected? No, not if your expectations were realistic. Then they're spot on.

The damaged face is sculpted as if he's upside down. Look at the way the skin on the face droops upward slightly. It looks ugly because he's been MAULED, And because he's UPSIDE DOWN. Do a headstand in front of a mirror and check yourself out sometime. Preferably with pants on.

Last edited:
The BD sculpt is ugly as ****. The outfit looks fantastic.

Mixed feelings on the regular sculpt. Looks better with the head gear on I think. He looks better at certain angles than others.
Agreed. :lol What's new, huh..

The outfit is good though - but why should that be applause worthy.

They've had enough practice by now. :lol

The damaged face is sculpted as if he's upside down. Look at the way the skin on the face droops upward slightly. It looks ugly because he's been MAULED, And because he's UPSIDE DOWN. Do a headstand in front of a mirror and check yourself out sometime. Preferably with pants on.

I was kinda thinking the same thing...

Ok well, in that respect it makes sense, but what if you don't want to have the BD Luke upside down.

I guess they thought the other heads were consolation enough. :lol

Ok well, in that respect it makes sense, but what if you don't want to have the BD Luke upside down.

Then you set it up any way you want. I don't see the problem really. There really isn't a scene in the movie where you can see his damaged face where he isn't somehow in an awkward position.

Also, though it wouldn't be movie accurate, the correct look for a Wampa attack would probably be half Luke's face missing, kind of like a cross between Harvey Dent and The Terminator. So be glad you can tell it's Luke at all. ;)

I really like the head sculpt - definitely one of the best Lukes I've seen. The upside down shot of the exclusive head really shows how much it looks like Hamill, despite upright it bearing a vague resemblance to Ford. I think it's all spot on!

It still doesn't look much like him, upside down though.

But there's an easy fix.

hoth-tauntaun-funny_4800859636631955.jpg

It would have been pretty cool if they had included only a single hood for the normal edition along with a removable hair piece that you'd swap onto the skull-less face, like with the hear pieces from Hot Toys. Before reading the text in the preview I thought they may have gone this route when looking at the images of the hood-less sculpt - the hair looks like it might have been designed to be removed.

It's a lot easier and quicker to swap out some hair than to pull out a head sculpt, especially if you want any chance to doing it without taking the figure off the shelf.

Back