1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For Sideshow, this is my only Luke purchase. Even back before the quality of 1/6 sculpts and production went up, I could never bring myself to buy their Luke figures, they were just awful, even for the time. Sideshow would be smart to revisit the older versions. Jedi Luke especially.

Besides, if you want to look at insanely expensive accessories, take a look at the Hot Toys Tumbler or some of their other big vehicles and contraptions. I got my Tumbler for a bit of a discount, but it was still overpriced as all hell for what it is. But I also understand the pricing can never be reflective of the materials if not only for the lack of scale in manufacturing compared to mass-market toy companies.

I have a feeling we're going to see a lot more kit-bashed Jedi Luke figures when this thing gets released. The hatless head sculpt seems a lot more suitable for that purpose than the Hot Toys one.

Last edited:
For Sideshow, this is my only Luke purchase. Even back before the quality of 1/6 sculpts and production went up, I could never bring myself to buy their Luke figures, they were just awful, even for the time. Sideshow would be smart to revisit the older versions. Jedi Luke especially.

There's no doubt, the early figures are dated compared to now, but at the time they were infinitely better than Hasbro too, so they had their time. My real point was slightly OT, but for me as a 1/6 SW fan, I'd rather have the option of the dozens of SS figures, even early ones, than 1 or 2 "perfect" ones.

Last edited:
I mean fan-created figures. Customs.

Oh I missed that somehow. But still, I would be a good idea for Sideshow. You could have one main face sculpt per film and ad all the different hair/accessories for each figure. Helmets, BD, etc. People would probably freak out, but.. lol

There's no doubt, the early figures are dated compared to now, but at the time they were infinitely better than Hasbro too, so they had their time. My real point was slightly OT, but for me as a 1/6 SW fan, I'd rather have the option of the dozens of SS figures, even early ones, than 1 or 2 "perfect" ones.

No, that's true, I agree. I was just saying, I think this may be a new step for Sideshow's Luke and main cast characters. I don't think anyone would really mind if they redid the older Lukes with new sculpts and tailoring. You're right, I like having the different versions, not just one or two.

I was actually kind of joking. ;)

Vader went up for pre-order on May 23 2013 and is supposed to ship in January 2014 (no specific day given). Let's call that 8 months from pre-sale to release.

Probot pre-order on November 22 2013 and supposed to ship August 2014. Let's call that 9 months. Same time-frame for Nathan Drake figure.

Did you get the Drake figure? I loved that game, and the PF figure....the 1/6th kind of threw me.

Sideshow: "We'll keep raising the prices and you suckaz will keep on paying them!"

Is there a description anywhere for the heads? It almost looks to me like the hat can come off the face and you could put the hair on rather than 3 separate heads. Maybe a face piece that you can put the hat on?

Back