1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would you not order the exclusive?
It's the same price as the regular but you get a 3rd Wampa Attack head sculpt.
I don't consider it a "battle damage" sculpt.

I don't know. I like the two undamaged sculpts, but the EX head looks kind of like Kevin Bacon to me. I might go through a retailer if I can get it cheaper. Then again, I might also use a $20 monthly coupon on it to bring the price down a bit, so that would negate the purchase through a different retailer anyhow and I'd get the Kevin Bacon sculpt. I'll have to think about it.

I am in for this.

if you use any coupon, you lose all the SS points.

It matters not to me. I like getting my discount on the front end of the deal, plus $20 discount coupon is better than the $10 in reward points you'd get on Luke.

Just saw the price for these, 200 for Luke, 350$ for taun taun :thud:
I think i may have to settle for luke and han only, but without taun taun's and a snow dio/background i dont know if it will look good anyway :dunno

Is there a description anywhere for the heads? It almost looks to me like the hat can come off the face and you could put the hair on rather than 3 separate heads. Maybe a face piece that you can put the hat on?

I think the hat is sculpted. Trevor did this sculpt, I'm not sure if he did the others too.

Sideshow-Hoth-Luke-387137075
https://fav.me/d6ehovn

Here's Han,

d6ehovn
https://fav.me/d6ehov1
Sideshow-Hoth-Han-387137053

am I the only one who thinks the faces are terrible? Especially the regular one with the headgear.

Nope. I agree. I think the DX Luke looks far superior. In relation to the hands on this new Hoth Luke, the head looks tiny. Cool figure, but an easy pass for me.

Nope. I agree. I think the DX Luke looks far superior. In relation to the hands on this new Hoth Luke, the head looks tiny. Cool figure, but an easy pass for me.

Yes.... Much better! The Echo Base Luke doesn't strike me as an amazing Hamill likeness. It's definitely decent. Since this figure has lots of heads, I see lots of Jedi Luke bashes in the future.

The sculpts look a little cartoony to me. Almost like a medicom idealized sculpt but with better paint apps.

The reason I was thinking you could remove the hat was the evidence of a seam just under the brim of the hat. Looks like it could be separated. Maybe a two piece where the ear parts and chin strap are one piece and the too is the second piece that clamshells around the face. Dunno. I could be wrong.

After having a day to digest this, I'm still on the fence about it. I like this figure, but I don't love it. And I'm getting to a stage of collecting where I'm not sure if that cuts it anymore.

I would expect a removable hat/hairpiece, just because it would cut down on SSC's costs.

Did you get the Drake figure?

No, it looks like a great figure, but I'm not into video game franchises. I stopped playing video games regularly in the early 90's. There's just so much else to do that I just can't afford the time for casual gaming. Unless of course there's something that really catches my eye, like Zelda on the Wii - I bought the console for the sole purpose of playing that game.

Yeah, like 5 years ago. :lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

After having a day to digest this, I'm still on the fence about it. I like this figure, but I don't love it. And I'm getting to a stage of collecting where I'm not sure if that cuts it anymore.

I would expect a removable hat/hairpiece, just because it would cut down on SSC's costs.

I'm definitely in for Luke at pre-order as I want the exclusive (Even though I may never use it :lol) but I'll wait a bit and try to get a deal on the Taun. I think the price on it is fair, but these pieces just don't sell that well and a lot of people seem to sell them off quickly at a loss.

Yeah, I agree with all of that. I really like the outfit but those sculpts....I dunno. I don't hate them? :dunno

Still, looking forward to Han in hopes of a good Ford sculpt.....

I have been waiting for a Luke and Han on Taun Taun for quite some time and was pretty jazzed about these when they were previewed some months ago. Overall I am pretty happy with what I am seeing. The Taun Taun looks great. Very detailed and I like the option of having the switch out parts. Luke looks good as well. Maybe his boots and hands might be a bit too big but hopefully they will be sized down a bit in production. Luke's likeness to me looks darn close and I don't see it being done any better in 1/6 scale. I would have preferred these in statue forum so I still need to decide if getting these is the route I want to go or try and hold out for the statue versions.

I think I'll wait for Han to go up for order before I make up my mind.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree with all of that. I really like the outfit but those sculpts....I dunno. I don't hate them? :dunno

Still, looking forward to Han in hopes of a good Ford sculpt.....

Me too. kinda planning to get an extra han head to update the old Bespin han figure.

Back