1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After having a day to digest this, I'm still on the fence about it. I like this figure, but I don't love it. And I'm getting to a stage of collecting where I'm not sure if that cuts it anymore.

I would expect a removable hat/hairpiece, just because it would cut down on SSC's costs.

Yeah, I agree with all of that. I really like the outfit but those sculpts....I dunno. I don't hate them? :dunno

Still, looking forward to Han in hopes of a good Ford sculpt.....
Hmm, yeah, this about where I'm at. On the one hand, Luke's likeness with the hood on (I'd probably have him holding his binoculars up, too) isn't a huge deal, but then again, $750.00 for the trio...

I'm debating whether to content myself with just the Imperial Hoth offerings (Snowtrooper/E-Web/Probot). From what I've seen of the SDCC photos, Ford's likeness seemed better to me - granted it's tough to tell with his fur-lined hoody up. Just thinking maybe I could skip Luke, pick-up Han w/Tauntaun and be satisfied w/DX07 as Luke's representation in the collection. Lots of time to decide, anyway.

Nope. I agree. I think the DX Luke looks far superior. In relation to the hands on this new Hoth Luke, the head looks tiny. Cool figure, but an easy pass for me.

Yes.... Much better! The Echo Base Luke doesn't strike me as an amazing Hamill likeness. It's definitely decent. Since this figure has lots of heads, I see lots of Jedi Luke bashes in the future.

Does the DX07 clean sculpt strike you as an amazing Hamill likeness?
If we're talking about the BD sculpt I agree it's probably the best one around, but the non-BD is on the same likeness level of these, if not worse. :dunno

Noobie here...

Are SS heads interchangeable with Hot Toys? Or can I just buy an additional body from SS. I'm thinking about getting this figure, and I've got a HT Luke, and a spare X-wing Uni that I'd like to make a custom fig from.

We just moved into a new house, and I have my own office and I finally get to break out my collection (20+ figs of SS Star wars alone) that's been in boxes for the last half decade or more. I am excite!!!

Last edited:
Looks great, but the price definitely has me considering holding off ordering, at least until a coupon code can be used on it, as others have said.

I like it!!..However, the price bumped me out of the game. The set is as much as my car payment..all you lucky high rollers be sure to post pics.

Why are people antsy to pre-order? You can pre-order tomorrow, the day after, next week, next month, in January or even in May - you'll still only see a box delivered next August/September at the earliest and everyone knows there's no danger in this selling out before it's released, let alone the week the pre-order goes live. ;)

Just say no to the pre-order. Maybe with poor enough sales the price will go down next year.

I think this may just be my 1/6 scale grail. Luke on a tauntaun? That's like one of my favorite combos in, well, all of fiction, all of cinema, my childhood, my adulthood, etc.

I think they pretty much nailed it. Not loving the price but I'm thinking I can't pass these two up.

We just moved into a new house, and I have my own office and I finally get to break out my collection (20+ figs of SS Star wars alone) that's been in boxes for the last half decade or more. I am excite!!!

Congrats! I can't wait to get my own home office/man-cave.

just saw the official pics of this. i know, I'm late and won't be saying anything that hasn't already been said, but wow this has to be one of Sideshow's finest works by far!

Last edited:
Why are people antsy to pre-order? You can pre-order tomorrow, the day after, next week, next month, in January or even in May - you'll still only see a box delivered next August/September at the earliest and everyone knows there's no danger in this selling out before it's released, let alone the week the pre-order goes live. ;)

Just say no to the pre-order. Maybe with poor enough sales the price will go down next year.

It's just excitement which there's nothing wrong with. Easy there pp I'm sure people know this will be up for po for awhile.

just saw the official pics of this. i know, I'm late and won't be saying anything that hasn't already been said, but wow this has to be one of Sideshow's finest works by fair!

Let's try and remember were looking at an unfinished product.(more-so an unfinished SSC product) This is SS were talking about here and we all know how prototypes go with SS. SS is trying to be HT, key word trying in both price and product. So before we start throwing words around like "amazing" and "best ever", i think it's time to pull the reigns a little bit. I am a Luke Skywalker nut, i want these to turn out better worse than most of you and then some. I think with SS's track record it's better to remain cautiously optimistic, or maybe get let down in the end.

Let hope not! :pray:

Let's try and remember were looking at an unfinished product.(more-so an unfinished SSC product) This is SS were talking about here and we all know how prototypes go with SS. SS is trying to be HT, key word trying in both price and product. So before we start throwing words around like "amazing" and "best ever", i think it's time to pull the reigns a little bit. I am a Luke Skywalker nut, i want these to turn out better worse than most of you and then some. I think with SS's track record it's better to remain cautiously optimistic, or maybe get let down in the end.

Let hope not! :pray:

:exactly: That taun taun price sucks, first its vader at 250$, then probe droid at 250$ , now 350$ for a taun taun! :horror
I might get a taun taun for han later when hes released because han had more scenes on one then luke did.
Hopefully by the time these figures come out all my HT pre-orders will be done and i can set some money aside for taun taun's.

200 bucks for Luke. The ceiling keeps rising. I d rather they stripped some of the extras out and lowered that price.

In a big luke fan but really only xwing and Jedi so I'm passing on this one but Luke on the taun taun is so iconic.

I'm cancelling Hot Toys pre-orders for these. I don't like the hatless head or the exclusive, but the one shown at SDCC is excellent, and really the only one that matters. Adios '66 Batman & Robin. Hoth Han & Luke are too much more awesome.

200 for Luke seems a Little steep. Sideshow has not reached the Hot Toys Level yet, but the Prices...

350 for the Taun Taun seems decent. I collect Statues and PFs too and the Taun Taun IS just the same. So why should i be cheaper (because you want to does not Count ;) ).

Compared to Prices in other lines (Iron Monger or Raynor for example) the Taun Taun is a steal :)

200 for Luke seems a Little steep. Sideshow has not reached the Hot Toys Level yet, but the Prices...

350 for the Taun Taun seems decent. I collect Statues and PFs too and the Taun Taun IS just the same. So why should i be cheaper (because you want to does not Count ;) ).

Compared to Prices in other lines (Iron Monger or Raynor for example) the Taun Taun is a steal :)

^^^ :cuckoo:

Back