12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice job on that scabbard--how was it made? It looks fantastic.

Thank you very much.:D:D I took the sword and wrapped it in pleather. I then glued it and took the sword out. I cut the top out of cardboard and glued it on. The tip and plate with the writing is paper I glued onto the pleather. I then painted it and it was done.:D

-Ben

WARNING! BIG PICTURES!

Ben finished the dying the cloak and made the broach. I was also able to take some pictures of the details of the shirt.

The shirt:
BenscustomSideshowAragorn75.jpg

BenscustomSideshowAragorn70.jpg

The cloak and broach:
BenscustomSideshowAragorn79.jpg

BenscustomSideshowAragorn84.jpg

BenscustomSideshowAragorn85.jpg

All it needs is the Rotocast Elven dagger.

I just hauled my first Aragorn, which will be customized by Estel to resemble his Amon Hen appearance, but because I hauled the normal version I have to buy another one but this time the exclusive to get the cloak and also find the elven dagger somewhere.

So I can have both the normal version like in the beginning of LoTR and one like at Amon Hen to be displayed with the PF. :D

I didn't notice you live in TN so you probablu don't. But there is a fellow on doctorwhoforum.com who I believe works for the toy company Character Options who shares your screen name.

Ah, I see. Yeah, I've been using Mr. Fusion since 2002, way before Ben and I joined the Sideshow Freaks. I thought it was original, and very nostalgic to me, since my favorite movie is Back the the Future.

Does Character Options have a website?

Here is my customized Aragorn with "real hair"

Short breakdown of the figure:
- DML Body
- Sideshow head re-painted by me with re-sculpted scull and customized "real hair"
- DiD pants, shirt, vest and jerkin (all weathered and partially re-painted with acrylics and pastels)
- customized belt and pouch
- DiD elven dagger (can't be seen)
- sideshow sword, scabbard, bow, arrows, quiver, pouch and coat (re-painted and weathered with acrylics and pastels)
- custom cloak with DiD leave
- DID amulet

I have made a picture "how to" of the hair application - can I post this here or do I have to post it elsewhere ??

I hope you like it:

IMG_2020.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

I think that looks great! Would love to see the tutorial. Might get seen better if you put it in the customs section? Now sure.

Great work tho. Can't wait to see more.

get ready aragorn fans.... tomorrow evening around 10pm (UK time... or around 5pm New York time...ish, lol) my Aragorn will be up for sale in the latest stage of my honeymoon-funding 'everything goes' sale :eek:

ARAGORNPREVIEW.jpg

Back