12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my Aragorn with his new bracers I just got a few days ago from Toyanxiety.com

IMGP1794.JPG

They actually fit really nicely. I had to roll the up on themselves about a quarter inch, but they do fit nice and snug. :D

I got my Aragorn today. It's my first 12" LOTR figure, so I took a few pictures. I'll say, I'm quite impressed with the figure. I was worried about the face, given that many of the pictures I had seen online looked pretty bad, but it's actually quite good. Maybe not a perfect likeness of Viggo, but I took my fingernail and scraped a bit of the beard paint off to accentuate his chin, and I think it looks great. It doesn't really come through in the pictures as well as it does in person, but I'm very satisfied. The detail in the outfit is amazing! Of course, he does seem a bit more fragile and fiddly than my Star Wars figures, what with all of his equipment, and so forth.

I had a few issues with the outfit. His necklace was sort of twisted and when I tried to correct it, the chain came off. I was able to fix it with some needlenose pliers, but it took a few minutes to get it right. Also, the two top ties on his tunic (the knotted cords) were not connected to the other side of the tunic. Is that normal? I tried for a while to fix it, but it was tricky and you can't really tell just by looking at it, so I let it go. Also, his legs were different lengths. There was a difference of a few millimeters between the left and right. I assume that this is because one of the legs isn't completely down inside the boot, but I wasn't able to get it to go any further down. If I bend his leg a bit, it's not a problem.

Anyway, I've ordered the other available LOTR figures, so I'm looking forward to getting them.

ss_aragorn1.jpg

ss_aragorn2.jpg

ss_aragorn3.jpg

Ya great pics and he is an awsome figure. I must say also an amzing costume.
Oh an Pixel got your p.m I did send it parcel post.:D

Also, his legs were different lengths. There was a difference of a few millimeters between the left and right. I assume that this is because one of the legs isn't completely down inside the boot, but I wasn't able to get it to go any further down. If I bend his leg a bit, it's not a problem.
[/img]

Nice pics of a great figure. The issue with the height difference is definitely just the boots - mine was the same way when I received it. The boots are very hard to get, or off.

I bent his knee at a 90 degree angle, held onto the upper leg and then just pushed on the bottom of the boot until it finally gave way and popped on. You might have to move the boot slightly on and off to make sure his ankle is bent so you don't snap the joint, but you should be fine.

Nice necropost! But with the lack of LotR figures coming out (until Frodo & Sam) this is very welcome. I really like the Strider figure and like your customs even more Darren. I always thought they shoulda included the "wrapped version" of his cloak that he ties round his body at certain times in the movie.

Darren, do those lights work out for you? I have 4 that were given to me the other day that look exactly the same but it looks like you got a bit of trouble goin on there?

oh the lights work out fine, i've just taken the batteries out to charge them thats all. I dont use them much because in this office when i'm at the desk these figures are directly behind me.... so i never see them, lol. But when I'm using them the batteries dont last a huge amount of time (rechargeables... they'd last longer if they were normal) so at some point in the future (although not urgent) i'll probably change them for the more expensive plug-in versions.

This is them when they're switched on at night

collection2.jpg

Nice necropost! But with the lack of LotR figures coming out (until Frodo & Sam) this is very welcome. I really like the Strider figure and like your customs even more Darren. I always thought they shoulda included the "wrapped version" of his cloak that he ties round his body at certain times in the movie.

Actually that cloak was the exclusive for the figure (along with his pipe); it's not quite accurate enough to get that same wrap but it is indeed his ranger cloak. The only problem is the material Sideshow used isn't soft or thin enough to get it to wrap in that manner, the price they paid for the weathering they gave it--which is ok with me since it looks so good. :cool:

Yeah I have the exclusive ranger cloak and havent tried to wrap it round the body like he does in FotR. But I think you're right Cap, the fabric and weathering and wire in the hood would hinder the appearance if worn this way. Might give it a try sometime, but i like the way i have him posed on my shelf at the mo and its stayed that way pretty much since i got him! :D

I was thinking a completely separate accessory could've been made but i guess it wouldnt be too hard to make my own... just a length of dark fabric?

Back