12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you going to do with the extra armor without a helmet?

Plenty of recast GG bust helms and the like out there if you aren't wanting it to be removable - which I'm figuring if you're buying 2 you aren't.

Alternatively people could grab two AOTC troopers, display one sans-helmet and use that helm. I understand the mindset but if I get a second one I'll take my chances on the secondary market eventually dropping.

Personally, I am really surprised the edition size was only 1500, and I think with a 9 minute sell out that Sideshow might have been surprised as well.

I don't think so Lonnie. I think Sideshow expected a sell out. Especially at that price. If anything, I would have expected a little sooner.

Regarding whether or not the belt will hold a lightsaber, I just looked at the hi-res pics and clearly there is a place for the unignited saber to hang from. The clip is white, not black as we usually see, but its plainly there.

Are you sure about that, looks like its just a hole to me... can't see the clip part. BTW, noticed the back of the belt is fabric.

MF, wouldn't that second one just make it a regular clone trooper if you are taking off his jedi garb and replacing his head, or am I missing something?

No offense intended, just very curious. I just started into the SSC SW foray, so......

And what is EU??

EU is Expanded Universe, basically comics, books, cartoons, everything outside of the 6 films.

And yes, all I'd be able to have with the 2nd figure is a ROTS Clone, but I really like the Obi-Wan portrait and want an AOTC Obi-Wan, so in some capacity I plan to have that head on a film based figure, either custom or an eventual SSC release, and if they reuse this head, oh well, I can live with my choice, but better to be covered and plan ahead than to not and miss out on something.

I think just a different sculpt... the other 3 Obi's have been great so far, but ROTS was hurt a bit by paint apps.

I see, I see. So does this current sculpt have a better likeness to Obi than the previous ones that SSC has made?

I don't think so. The Episode III Obi-Wan looks great. I think both look great for their respected eras of the character, but mileage may vary from person to person.

I see, I see. So does this current sculpt have a better likeness to Obi than the previous ones that SSC has made?

It's not that it's a better likeness, I've liked every SSC Obi-Wan 1/6 and dio portrait.

The reason I'm so eager to have this portrait for an AOTC figure is because it perfectly captures how I'd want a figure head for AOTC Obi-Wan to look. The hair style and beard style from that film leave room for other sculptors and even Trev to vary the look. Even with a new AOTC sculpt being executed well, it wouldn't be my dream sculpt, this is so I'm just covering myself, if that all makes sense.

It's not that it's a better likeness, I've liked every SSC Obi-Wan 1/6 and dio portrait.

The reason I'm so eager to have this portrait for an AOTC figure is because it perfectly captures how I'd want a figure head for AOTC Obi-Wan to look. The hair style and beard style from that film leave room for other sculptors and even Trev to vary the look. Even with a new AOTC sculpt being executed well, it wouldn't be my dream sculpt, this is so I'm just covering myself, if that all makes sense.

This is the reason I ordered him as well. I just wonder if we'll be kicking ourselves when the SDCC exclusive is This Obi head sculpt in proper EPII robes instead of armour. :eek:

I have a feeling that the EPII Obi won't be using this head call it a hunch. That one will be a wide release with a PPO, etc so I have a feeling it'll be worked, whether Trevor does it or not is the real question.

Personally I want this one just because its a rare occasion to see a Jedi in Armor and out of the traditional robes.

This is the reason I ordered him as well. I just wonder if we'll be kicking ourselves when the SDCC exclusive is This Obi head sculpt in proper EPII robes instead of armour. :eek:

Never happen, too precious a look for a lot of people and too different a figure to make exclusive. Even if it did happen, SDCC will come before he ships and you could hit cancel.

I have a feeling that the EPII Obi won't be using this head call it a hunch. That one will be a wide release with a PPO, etc so I have a feeling it'll be worked, whether Trevor does it or not is the real question.

Personally I want this one just because its a rare occasion to see a Jedi in Armor and out of the traditional robes.

Exactly why I got the second head. If they do give us an AOTC figure, I wouldn't be surprised to get a new portrait, though recycling this one certainly would spare them the LFL approval process since it got the green light. Whatever happens down the road, I'll have the portrait I want, for that figure ontop of having this awesome, unique figure of Obi-Wan.

Back