12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looked at it again, looks like a saber clip to me. :dunno

Looks like a hole to me...

cw_obi-wan_belt.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:lol

I would be surprised if they reuse the sculpt, they didn't with the Yavin Luke to ANH Luke. So my guess is we'll see something different. Which to me would be preferrable and give you a bit more variety if you were to buy both.

I'd like to take this opportunity to repeat a question that I asked way back in the thread and that got lost in the excitement. I see in some of the high-res shots that there appears to be some white paint rubbed or chipped off of a few spots of the armor. We know that the armor is going to be made of hard ABS plastic, but will it be cast in white or painted (or both)? I know this is just a prototype, but will chipping be an issue with the finished piece?

miss all the fun today...for once I had to work at my workplace.:monkey4

I think this being Sideshow's first armored figure makes it pretty cool. But honestly the reason I bought it is that I think its an awesome look for Obi-Wan. I kept the "Ugly-Wan" from Gentle Giant just because I thought the armor on Obi was so unique. I'm really kicking myself for it now though. Wonder what I'll do with it...

I'd like to take this opportunity to repeat a question that I asked way back in the thread and that got lost in the excitement. I see in some of the high-res shots that there appears to be some white paint rubbed or chipped off of a few spots of the armor. We know that the armor is going to be made of hard ABS plastic, but will it be cast in white or painted (or both)? I know this is just a prototype, but will chipping be an issue with the finished piece?

Judging from the hi-res photo above (close-up of belt) the armor appears to be molded in white plastic. I'm not sure what chips you're referring to, but it could be paint touch-ups on the proto. It's a question you might want to submit to the Sideshow Q&A on their site.

The slight chipping is only the result of the severe magnification. The plastic is white, but the little flakes are only natural in any product. You'll never get a perfectly smooth cut along a plastic edge, but when you magnify it up close, you'll notice it of course. At normal scale you'll never see them.

It looks to be molded ABS white plastic. So I'm not really thinking it would chip off an show another color underneath, it's white through and through. Must be a rub or something. ABS can get smudges on it, but they are easily removed.

I used to have an entire suit of Stormtrooper ABS armor, it's very resilient and tough. But it can mark up as well.

If not, I may put a tiny ole in the saber, and add a magnet, then glue a mafnet to the underside of the belt.

Hell, I've added saber clips to my custom Grandmaster skywalker, and my Celebration Luke, adding one here would be no harder.

obi_collage.jpg

Well I pre-ordered. He looks great, esp. the sculpt but... I know it's just me but the more I look at this picture of him the more I see Patrick Swayze in a beard.

Well I pre-ordered. He looks great, esp. the sculpt but... I know it's just me but the more I look at this picture of him the more I see Patrick Swayze in a beard.

He must have dirty danced his way into some soup that Obi was eating... He'll be in that beard for days now.:monkey3

OOps... My mistake... I thought you said Patrick Swayze IN his beard.:lol

obi_collage.jpg

Swayze?I don't see,generic kenobi?Yes!And thats fine!!!!(i for sure don't see ewan now)

I can't wait to see Maulfan's shots inserting SSC General Obi Wan into cartoon frames.

That would be cool if he could figure out a nice toon filter for obi so that he would match the cartoon backgrounds.

:rotfl:rotfl:lol

I would be surprised if they reuse the sculpt, they didn't with the Yavin Luke to ANH Luke. So my guess is we'll see something different. Which to me would be preferrable and give you a bit more variety if you were to buy both.

If Trevor fixes the hairline for the next rendition, it will be a perfect Ewan.

Ewan.jpg

obi_collage.jpg

aotc-obiwan_lg03.jpg

Back