12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does make business sense, but Sideshow never released Indiana Jones to coincide with the new movie? I really thought they would.

True, but with Indy and Obi-Wan, we know from Trev that they were both originally sculpted for a Buck body, so Indy may have been close to ready some time ago but when they knew it wouldn't be too much of a delay to hold him back and put him on the new body, he got delayed, which I'd prefer, I'd rather a Prometheus Indy months after the movie than a Buck Indy with the Movie. Obi-Wan has the advantage of more time to his film, so even with how this figure's developed, it could still be feasible to have it out for the movie, but really, they should just take their time and take as long as needed to deliver the best figure.

I don't think the Hobbit delay was due so much to the new bodies as the material for the clothes... so I don't see a delay coming for Obi on that front. Obi PPO'd in February so I would put his release at somewhere between August and October... maybe November at the very latest.

Yeah, the clothes always play a part in the LOTR figs. That stuff they've said is brutal to match at this scale.

Well, even if it is the clothes that were the big factor with the Hobbits, I still see the armor posing a challenge, I believe Leia Boush was delayed because of issues with her armor, they haven't really done armor since so they may go through more bugs do a full body worth and not just shoulder piece.

I just want it to be the best they can and if that means even being delayed til Christmas, so be it. About 85% of the time a figure is significantly delayed past it's expected release, it's for the best.

Problems which SS had with Boushh's R&D were solved, which is why perhaps she was chosen as SS's way to get their feet a little wet with armor figures. SO whatever the major issues with Obi may be, I am sure Boushh will have given them some idea how to overcome that with little to no problem.

Lets be optimistic folks. Sideshow's R&D team aren't exactly neanderthals about the process.

Lets be optimistic folks. Sideshow's R&D team aren't exactly neanderthals about the process.

I'm not trying to say they're neanderthals, but doing armor to cover and entire body that also is sealed around the limbs is different enough from the Boushh armor that the unexpected can happen. No matter how good you are at something, there's always room for unexpected to happen, and no matter how great you are at responding to those things, sometimes your hands are tied. I have confidence this figure will turn out great, no doubts there, but SSC's still fresh in the armor world and I think it'll take a few figures covering all the ranges of armor setups and types to really have a firm handle to just roll them out without speed bumps in the process.

:lol I don't think that's what anyone here is implying. Delays could just be beyond Sideshows control. Maybe the factories in China are backlogged or a material that is needed is out of stock till end of July, it could be anything for that matter.

neanderthal3.jpg

We make Obi figure when we ready, we busy kill sabertooth tiger and wooly mammoth, no time make puny toy.

Back