12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder what they mean by 90% production? Maybe there will be some changes... I hope that at least 3% is dedicated to removing that f'n dot!!!

The armor and everything else looks like it came out very nicely, so any chance this is shipping soon :D

Interesting, the article at RS comments about discussion of how he lost the saber in AOTC. I assumed because of the inclusion of the design in Volume 1 of CW, he just stuck with the design, lost it again and then went ROTS route. Talk is of maybe seeing ROTS styled saber also with this figure. I could care less about that, it'd be nice to know if any developments have been made on the hand front, a few more would be good.

I would prefer the AOTC saber simply because I plan on this representing AOTC OB1 for my collection.

Dave said the paint apps were life-like in person.

I think it looks great so far! We'll see what we get in October. Looking forward to this one more than any other SW 1/6 at this point.

Well the only paint issue I have reservation about is strictly the eyes, hair and skin look fine. The eyes look like they could be that vibrant blue like Frodo, which isn't how blue human eyes look, and the whites may be like Luke and Han where they're almost flesh tone and don't help define the eye shape.

However, Trev's sculpt + Great Factory Hair paint apps + quality head cast materials = :rockin Obi-Wan head.

Also if they start casting the heads, that will ease some of my annoyance when if they don't paint the necks. So far the proto of Indy kinda bugs me since the painted face really clashes with the neck.

Also if they start casting the heads, that will ease some of my annoyance when if they don't paint the necks. So far the proto of Indy kinda bugs me since the painted face really clashes with the neck.

Ya, the difference between Frodo and Sam's heads and their necks is imperceptable, that worked out well.

IMG_2033.JPG

I'm so happy this figure turned out so well, it means more to me than other figures I have on order.

Its almost too clean... Sideshow is close (esepecially if this is what the production will look like) on getting the paint work down. With a few minor tweaks I think they could really be kicking some ass.

And of course, it will most likely look better when we get some shots with better lighting.

IMG_2033.JPG

I love this one. Thank you again Trev, as a huge Obi-Wan Fan, I love how you captured the AOTC look with this sculpt, my dream representation of that film :rock

I think the paintwork looks great. I'm glad SS is taking a HT style painting/casing. :joy

Depending on how they look in other light, if the eyes are ok, minus the doll dot and even with it, I think this figure may be one of, if not the, best paint job on an SSC figure. Nice highlights in the hair, great mix of reds and blondes in the beard as Ewan's beard looked in AOTC, eyebrows have good shape and fading, no caterpillar effect. It's damn impressive.

Back