12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES!
I got confirmation from Sideshow that General Obi-Wan WILL come with more than just two hands!

Here's what they said:

Yes, I can confirm that this figure will come with more than two hands. I do not know which ones will be open or ‘C’ shaped or closed at this time.
What they mean by "C" shaped hands is Lightsaber Grip Hands. The email posted above was the second email I got; the first one answered what those hands were pictured in the Obi-Wan Armored body Production Blog article.
(Here's that General Obi-Wan Blog article)
According to Sideshow, the hands pictured in this image-
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/prodblog/021808obi_02.jpg
-are not fists, they're "C" Grip hands or Lightsaber hands. I asked if that left "C" Grip hand pictured there will come with Obi-Wan, the second email was my answer.
Thanks to Jennifer for the great news!
:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

I may need to build one of these for my CA Obi Wan:
LancerBatallion_cw4.jpg

Clone helmet would have been cool... but personally, besides maybe having him hold or or discarded on the side I wouldn't want to display the figure covering up that sculpt.

So far, I think I have identified 1 right and 3 left hands. It may be only 2 left hands. There is the Saber-grip right hand, the open left hand, and the Comic-Con pictures show a saber-grip or pistol grip left hand. The production blog seems to show what looks a little to be a saber-grip left hand. But I can not see the finger.

Edit - But whether that left hand is a saber-grip or pistol grip...it will work for the double-handed lightsaber pose that I also want to do with this figure as has been mentioned previously.

i just want to pose obi with the hologram on the gauntlet while having his lightsaber in the other hand.

That's exactly why a left hand that can hold the saber is the only importatn extra hand for me, with the holo on the right side, I want him to still be able to fight wielding his saber in the left hand.

I wouldn't mind if that left hand is a pistol grip left hand. I would also like to be able to give Obi the exclusive Grievous blaster and still have him wielding the lightsaber in his right hand from time-to-time..

Just to be clear...

I have a second one on oprder for a custom AOTC. Which HT body will I need for the head to fit on?

Will a true type caucasian do me?

I just bought one of those bodies, if you want to wait, I'll compare my Obi-Wan when I get him to it. Even though the new SSC bodies are HT style, there's no telling what the flesh colors will be like together; Obi-Wan's skin tone may not really match any True Type, unless you're not overly concerned with that.

Back