12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is the next figure i have in queue. Unless HT IM comes out First, I also hope they make a realistic type of anakin figure or something to go with clone kenobi.

That's my hope too, if no other CW figures, at least Anakin, the hero trio of Anakin, Padme and Obi-Wan from the PT is, to me, essential for each film or series. You need a figure of each from Ep 1, 2, 3 and CW.

No, I didn't. What does that have to do with anything. I don't need to hold it to tell a production piece is gonna be great when I'm inches from the thing.

Well that only helps visually, I think pix is looking for an idea on the sturdiness of the new body, since the Hobbit body had some loose joint issues and such, I know I'm curious about that too. As far as the overall look, SDCC pics have me sold, but they can't calm concerns over the new body.

I'm just wondering more about the body... Hobbits were good overall, but the floppy joints were a bit of a let down. Hoping Kenobi comes out with a tighter body... especially since the Stormies will be following him shortly on the same body.

God can you imagine the ^^^^^ing if it comes out like the hobbits? Lot of people don't know about that problem. (it wasn't too bad i didn't mind it cause the Hobbits were awesome on everything else, But SW fans here will not have it LMAO)

It would also be more of an issue since the rest of the body is heavier... super weak joints would be a disaster.

It's OK with the Hobbits since the hand joints especially, you don't need them holding anything to look cool posed, but Obi-Wan needs a strong body for cool saber posing and such, so weaknesses in the armor body like the Hobbits will stand out more and affect the functional quality of the figure significantly, if they're there.

Somehow i kinda doubt SS has turned that corner. I'd love to be wrong though. (but HT did help them with the bodies etc. so we'll see)

LOL - With all the help Sideshow is getting from HT...they BETTER be catching up.

I made the mistake of assuming that HT helped with Snake Eyes (he looked as good as the HT military figures to me). When I asked about it at Comic-Con, I think I offended the Sideshow guy I asked. Too bad I don't remember who it was.

I'm just wondering more about the body... Hobbits were good overall, but the floppy joints were a bit of a let down. Hoping Kenobi comes out with a tighter body... especially since the Stormies will be following him shortly on the same body.

But those bodies can not be compared. The Hobbit bodies were different than the armored bodies. But other than the split seams at the joints (an easy fix) I liked the bodies. Mine were loose as well, but mine were not loose enough to stop the figures from standing.

And I have had no breakage on the hobbits yet. So if that is an example of the new Pro,etheus body...looks like I will be a happy collector.

Oh, I hope the joints aren't loose. That's my biggest complaint about the ROTS Obi and with Aayla. It took me forever to get Obi in a good pose because he kept falling and I never could get Aayla in to the pose I want. If the joints are too loose I may send him back and stick with my ROTS Obi. Honestly I'm feeling kinda sad at the thought of replacing him. :(

LOL - With all the help Sideshow is getting from HT...they BETTER be catching up.

I made the mistake of assuming that HT helped with Snake Eyes (he looked as good as the HT military figures to me). When I asked about it at Comic-Con, I think I offended the Sideshow guy I asked. Too bad I don't remember who it was.

Well, since HT helped develop the Prometheus for Sideshow, they technically did have at least a small part in it :D

Anyways...still looking forward to Obi in October!

Well, since HT helped develop the Prometheus for Sideshow, they technically did have at least a small part in it :D

Anyways...still looking forward to Obi in October!

Actually, I believe the Prometheus is all Sideshow. HT developed the armor and hobbit bodies.

Well that only helps visually, I think pix is looking for an idea on the sturdiness of the new body, since the Hobbit body had some loose joint issues and such, I know I'm curious about that too. As far as the overall look, SDCC pics have me sold, but they can't calm concerns over the new body.

Exactly. Sean usually expresses what I am saying far better than I do. :lol

Ahhh...gotcha. i thought HT was working with them on creating all three new bodies.

Yeah, Sideshow also told at CC that HT only helped with one of the mannrquins. But I couldn't remember which one. I was pretty sure it was the armored one, but the Pro looks so much like the HT mannequin that I wasn't certain.

yeh hot toys is even listed in the details on the obi wan figure giving them credit. i really wannt see some sweat poses on this figure otherwise it just kinda looks clunky standing there. the added stormtrooper pics add so much to what the overall figure is going to look like, just wish they would do the same for obi.

But those bodies can not be compared. The Hobbit bodies were different than the armored bodies. But other than the split seams at the joints (an easy fix) I liked the bodies. Mine were loose as well, but mine were not loose enough to stop the figures from standing.

And I have had no breakage on the hobbits yet. So if that is an example of the new Pro,etheus body...looks like I will be a happy collector.

They can, at least to an extent. Both were made in collaboration with HT and I assume will use similar construction. Also, the more imporant thing for me is if a body is going to have problems its usually in the first few figures that come out. Which means that if there are any growing pains with the Armor Body (and Prometheus) it will be in the first figures.

021408_newbody01.jpg

I found these images of the armored body for the HT Appleseed Deunan. Thought some might be interetsed to see what a female armored body would be if sideshow make any female armored figs.

8c45_3.jpg

9074_3.jpg

8a3b_3.jpg

Back