12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No way, it's just a number of negative factors against this one.

1) U.S. is sloping towards major economic issues.
2) Many people seem to have been swept up in armor-madness but didnt' care for the representation
3) Other pricey items will be shipping soon and folks can't swing the money for all of it
4) It's an EU figure and really only has great appeal with Obi-Wan fans or CW fans and there's only Padme and Asajj to go with him for CW figures so far.

I think it's just a time in the year when folks need to make serious budget choices, like upcoming heat expenses and such, a lot of other products are shipping now, and this figure has some things going against it that compared to other products will make it passable, and I'm not talking quality, just talking again things like it being EU and such.

For me, it is mostly (3) with a little bit of (4)

I don't do too many 1/6 figures nowadays, but this is one I really want to keep. I'm having the $$$ crunch issue though, so he may have to go :(

Waiting on Assaj's final flexpay (any day now?), and then Thor's. Then shortly after that, another flex-pay for Indy... I really want to make it happen for this Obi here, but he may get the axe and have to be bought secondhand someday down the line..

I'm actually in a bit of a Sideshow drought, being primarily 1/6 nothing from them has come in a while. I think ANH Luke was the last one I got from them.

So Kenobi will be a welcome addition to my home :rock

I'm actually in a bit of a Sideshow drought, being primarily 1/6 nothing from them has come in a while. I think ANH Luke was the last one I got from them.

So Kenobi will be a welcome addition to my home :rock

Same here, ANH Luke was the last exciting one for me. I got Aayla, and she's alright, as a Star Wars fan I enjoy having her in my collection, but because of her couple flaws, the figure didn't excite me because like for photos, which is my big measure of figure's value to me, she didn't offer much. I measure my content with figures heavily by the photographability of them for me, which is why I ^^^^^ like a 5 years old when they paint posed eyes cuz it hurts that for me and it's usually on figures that would otherwise offer a lot of opportunities.

Assuming we do get extra hands than expected, between the armor and the hologram and all, I'm going to have a lot of fun shooting this figure, I can't wait.

Yeah, I hope they include extra hands... that would be a big plus in my book.

I passed on Aayla, just couldn't justify the figure based on how it looked and my low level of interest in the character.

Ok I can understand. I guess there are also a lot of people here that are PF and the like collectors, and those can get expensive fast. As only a 1/6th collector (and a selective one at that,) I really don't have the huge issues that others have. You'll be enjoying a whole lot of other great things that I won't have while I'm enjoying Obi-Wan.

Ya know, it's the first armored Star Wars figure! :chew It's what most of us have been clamoring for for years now from Sideshow. It's gonna be the one piece to give us some idea of just what to expect from all subsequent armored figures. I, for one, am giddy about it. Just hope it's, you know, a bit poseable. :eek:

I think everyone saying they've cancelled is still excited about the figure in regards to getting a taste of SSC full armored figures, another new body, etc., it's just that those things aren't enough for them to invest the money right now in a figure based on a character/representation that they're not as enthused about. If this were a Stormtrooper, most folks wouldn't be hitting the cancel button, even under the same circumstances, it's just that the personal worth of Clone Wars Obi-Wan against other preorders and life needs doesn't hold up as much as it did in February.

That's what I usually do, save a little every week. But I was bad in grad school and stopped doing that. Now I'm gonna be getting hit hard over the next few months.

I am very stoked that I am getting the white EII clones and Obi-Wan so close together. They will be freakin awesome displayed together!

Depending on my local retailers, I will most likely receive my General Kenobi about 1 to 3 months later.....mean time I'll just look at everyone's pics

Honestly, if it weren't for my sales, commissions and GI Bill money... I would be SOL on figure spending. Things are getting tight out there for everyone.

I wonder why the omission in the newsletter? I would think it would be a big deal for them with the first armored SW character on the new body being released. Oh well, I'm still stoked to get him!

Well, typically products aren't thrown into the newsletter as articles in a scenario like Kenobi until he's in their hands and they get production figure and box art photos updated, especially since he's sold out Regular and Exclusive, all they could say he's shipping soon and take your chances on the Wait List if you like, not much cause for anything on him. And one thing to keep in mind, a lot of times the Shipping Now and Coming in 30 and Shipping Date Changes sections at the bottom aren't always 100% accurrate or list every item. Small typo, but as example, they list an upcoming Star Wars Frames book as shipping Q2 2008, which we know it should be 2009.

Your best method for knowing an item is coming is to go by the emails, that's if you've got a pre-order. Those you can go by, but the NL listings at times don't have the best info for whatever reason.

Back