12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part of me says i don't need this in my collection.(EU-ish/not in the movies) And the other part says that is just ^^^^ing cool lookin and a must!

With regards to the articulation, I believe the armored body is either exactly the same as or very similar to the new Hot Toys armored body that was used on their new Batman (Original Suit) figure. That should give a fairly good idea of Obi-Wan's poseability, which would make it pretty damn good!

Part of me says i don't need this in my collection.(EU-ish/not in the movies) And the other part says that is just ^^^^ing cool lookin and a must!

Same here. I don't collect EU stuff. I ordered this figure not wanting to miss out on the AOTC Obi-wan head sculpt.

I notice if we remove the cape and the head, we are pretty much left with a headless ATOC Clone Trooper (armour being the same). In time when Sideshow does release the ATOC Clone Trooper, I am hoping that would come with a clone head sculpt, besides the helmet fitted figure. Hah! I can then fit the head to this guy and... one more trooper, EU figure no more. Hah hah.:naughty

Same here. I don't collect EU stuff. I ordered this figure not wanting to miss out on the AOTC Obi-wan head sculpt.

I notice if we remove the cape and the head, we are pretty much left with a headless ATOC Clone Trooper (armour being the same). In time when Sideshow does release the ATOC Clone Trooper, I am hoping that would come with a clone head sculpt, besides the helmet fitted figure. Hah! I can then fit the head to this guy and... one more trooper, EU figure no more. Hah hah.:naughty

Except isn't the body suit on this brown instead of black?

but what if they don't make a head for him Puay? Also, the bodyglove is the wrong color for a clone, brown, not black.

If this is partially based on the CW cartoon then it should be brown. But yeah normally the "body glove" is black on the clones.

Is there a reason Sideshow always paints the outer edge of blue eyes brown?

At least Obi-Wan should have edges, Frodo and Sam don't and it really hurts how their eyes look.

09.jpg

If this is partially based on the CW cartoon then it should be brown. But yeah normally the "body glove" is black on the clones.

Lerath's comment is about converting the Obi-Wan into a Clone Trooper after removing the head and Jedi clothes, that the Clone figure would be innaccurate because it has Obi-Wan's brown body suit and not a black clone one, which would be true.

Lerath's comment is about converting the Obi-Wan into a Clone Trooper after removing the head and Jedi clothes, that the Clone figure would be innaccurate because it has Obi-Wan's brown body suit and not a black clone one, which would be true.

Yeah totally.:eek:

Yeah, first time I noticed it was with the Yavin Luke... not sure why they thought that was a good idea. Its not terrible in person, but does kind of bother you when you look closely at the figure.

Yeah, I hate that they do that... should go for black or just a darker blue. The thing that bothers me even MORE than that is the brown lines under the eyes, where there should be pink. That always looks weird to me.

You guys are right! I took a closer look at the images... his suit is truely brown. My plan is ruined... :banghead ...Hah hah.

Yeah, I hate that they do that... should go for black or just a darker blue. The thing that bothers me even MORE than that is the brown lines under the eyes, where there should be pink. That always looks weird to me.

I thnk what they're trying to do is give some definition of eyelashes to shape the eyes from a distance, but I think if the whites contrast enough from the skin tone you should be fine, males shouldn't have lower eyelashes defined, just female figures, and upper eye lashes should be minimally defined on males too.

You guys are right! I took a closer look at the images... his suit is truely brown. My plan is ruined... :banghead ...Hah hah.

Yeah, I guess you're stuck with the best action figure of Obi Wan to date. What a shame. :p Ya know, if you don't want him, when you get him you can put him on ebaY with no reserve and watch him go faster than a box of Twinkies at a fat farm.

The headsculpt on this thing is amazing, though why did they make it an EU figure. If they stuck this head on an AOTC looking jedi body, i would get it. Obi-wan looks much cooler with his mullet and beard in AOTC than he did in ROTS.

The headsculpt on this thing is amazing, though why did they make it an EU figure. If they stuck this head on an AOTC looking jedi body, i would get it. Obi-wan looks much cooler with his mullet and beard in AOTC than he did in ROTS.

you could always pick this one up, another ROTS Kenobi and make a mullety Jedi version.

Sideshow did hint before that there is a chance to reuse this head sculpt on the AOTC Obi-Wan. I certainly wouldn't mind. In fact I would hope for the reuse of Ilum Padme for an AOTC Padme. Hey maybe the 2 can come in a twin pack.:rolleyes:

Back