12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should quit it with all this EU junk, just release the characters from the actual movies already:rolleyes:

With regards to the articulation, I believe the armored body is either exactly the same as or very similar to the new Hot Toys armored body that was used on their new Batman (Original Suit) figure. That should give a fairly good idea of Obi-Wan's poseability, which would make it pretty damn good!

Are you sure about that? I haven't heard this before... that would be great news if its true.

Sideshow did hint before that there is a chance to reuse this head sculpt on the AOTC Obi-Wan. I certainly wouldn't mind. In fact I would hope for the reuse of Ilum Padme for an AOTC Padme. Hey maybe the 2 can come in a twin pack.:rolleyes:

Ya, they did hint that there's a chance if they make AOTC Obi-Wan they'll recycle the head, but that's a gamble. A) They may use another head for that figure, or B) unless they make extra heads for that now while painting and making the CW figure, the paint apps could vary, and possible for the worse.

This is THE AOTC Obi-Wan head for me, I'm getting a second for the head and parts because I don't want to chance not getting this head on an eventual figure or getting a lesser paint job on it.

The armor body neck and buck body head aren't compatible. :(

True, but if the new SSC bodies use the same size neck post as Hot Toys, you could slap the Obi-Wan head on an HT TrueType and throw the Sideshow ROTS Obi-Wan clothes over it. Costume's not dead on, but puts you a step closer to having AOTC Obi-Wan.

As for the comments about the Obi-Wan armor body and Batman, where are people hearing/finding out Batman's on an armor body and not the standard TrueType. Official images just came out of the new Batman being on just a minimally modified TrueType, not a slimmer armor body, so i can't imagine the Begins figure was on anything but a TT as well.

For the life of me I can't understand why people rave about the CW series. It just didn't do anything for me. I kinda feel like the train left the station and I'm still on the platform looking around going, "hey...where did everyone go?" :lol

Yes, I personally think it's ludicrous to say that CW was better than the PT. Clone Wars has no plot to speak of. It's all short segments filled almost completely with action. There's nothing wrong with that, and I enjoy it for what it is. But it's not even comparable to a full-length movie.

I think it's the sort of absence of plot that makes people think that CW is better than the PT, that being more just fun adventures with no complex plot, which the PT had, makes it more fun and more Star Wars, and compared to the PT, the OT's plot was more upfront and less complex, it was just a war of good and bad, no subtle manipulations and such, so if you're a slave to Star Wars following that sort of tone, CW will offer more your taste than the PT.

Yes, I personally think it's ludicrous to say that CW was better than the PT. Clone Wars has no plot to speak of. It's all short segments filled almost completely with action. There's nothing wrong with that, and I enjoy it for what it is. But it's not even comparable to a full-length movie.

Yeah, and Anakin's voice in that cartoon makes me shudder.

I think that for those of us that are planning on making a AOTC Obi-Wan, Sideshows Mace Windu Pants and Shirt are the correct color, the Tunic and Boots were different than the ROTS version, but in a pinch, they would do.

Well, not really better than the entire PT, but I would much rather watch the first 2 series than AOTC. Mostly I feel that the series actually delivered on what I wanted to see in the PT... but due to whatever reason it got relegated to the in-between of AOTC and ROTS.

I think that for those of us that are planning on making a AOTC Obi-Wan, Sideshows Mace Windu Pants and Shirt are the correct color, the Tunic and Boots were different than the ROTS version, but in a pinch, they would do.

You could probably stain the tunic from ROTS Obi-Wan to get it to that off-white grey it was.

Yeah, but the acting is STILL better than Haden's...:lol

So sad that you think that. To each his own.:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I think it's the sort of absence of plot that makes people think that CW is better than the PT, that being more just fun adventures with no complex plot, which the PT had, makes it more fun and more Star Wars, and compared to the PT, the OT's plot was more upfront and less complex, it was just a war of good and bad, no subtle manipulations and such, so if you're a slave to Star Wars following that sort of tone, CW will offer more your taste than the PT.

I think you nailed it Maulfan. Another thing that bothered me abit about the original CW series is the exaggeration of action. Sure it was cool that Mace took on ALL THOSE DROIDS... without his light saber no less... but come on. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think you nailed it Maulfan. Another think that bothered me abit about the original CW series is the exaggeration of action. Sure it was cool that Mace took on ALL THOSE DROIDS... without his light saber no less... but come on. :rolleyes:

That part made me roll my eyes less than the mile long leaps the Jedi took, that part was like, "when did Jedi become the incredible hulk?"

However, since it's also aimed at kids, even though it's prime time, you have to suspend a few things and realize you're watching Star Wars told through the limitless medium of cartoons, where things even CGI can't make you buy into are possible.

As much as I don't care for the CW, I actually don't mind the over the top action so much because I see it as similar to a tale being recounted many years later. Like after the Jedi are extinct people recount the amazing feats they could do during the clone wars and as time passed the actions became bigger and more powerful.

I could really care less about the CW but being a Kenobi fan this is just too good to pass. It's Kenobi in frigging ST armor basically nuff said!

That part made me roll my eyes less than the mile long leaps the Jedi took, that part was like, "when did Jedi become the incredible hulk?"

I looked at it from the child's POV. Like he over exaggerated on details.

I know that's not true, but makes it a bit more bearable.

yeah you said it. if it looks cool...buy it. i've never seen CW, but i want an anakin in CW armor too. preferably one with decent paint this time.

I want to see a CW Anakin, too. Prometheus body and the "in-between episodes 2 & 3" hairdo.

Back