12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya folks,

rche here. Newish member, older lurker.

I got my Obi in and was wondering if anyone else has had issues with the box being crushed? SS is using the smaller shipping box without the styrofoam ends and someone in the postal chain dropped a truck on mine.

Anybody else have this problem? How is SS with these sort of things?

thanks
rche

Sideshow does have the best customer service around and I am sure they will supply you with a brand new box as EvilFace said.

My box was a bit dented on one side, but I figure if they don't come that way mine will eventually get messed-up so no biggie. Was surprised by the lack of styrofoam though.

Its the angle, they're pretty much the same height... although the Medicom does seem a bit slimmer.

The base body for the Shock Trooper is the Medicom RAH 305(?) if I remember correctly. It's physically smaller (think a boy's body vs. an adults) than the new armor body that Obi's on but the armor and helmet help to stretch it within tolerable height limits.

If they make a 1/6 Durge my 9yr old son will be ecstatic. Not as much as he would be with a 1/6 Grievous, but pretty damn happy.

Obi Wan will be arriving tomorrow!! Can't wait!

I'd love a Durge if it mirrored the Cartoon Network design more, wasn't a fan of the comics look.

The helmet is actually from a lolly pop candy that came out a couple of years ago. For the life of me I cant seem to recall the brand name. But as you can see its a great fit for 1/6. The whole helmet is split down the sides that make two halves that snap togeather. With some trimming it could fit over a 1/6 scale head. Thats the simplest kit bash that I ever did!:chew

I have a 1996 Darth Vader lolly pop head, made by Chupa Chups, Barcelona, Spain. But that is closer to 1/7 scale than 1/6 scale.

Hiya folks,

rche here. Newish member, older lurker.

I got my Obi in and was wondering if anyone else has had issues with the box being crushed? SS is using the smaller shipping box without the styrofoam ends and someone in the postal chain dropped a truck on mine.

Anybody else have this problem? How is SS with these sort of things?

thanks
rche
Welcome!
Yeah, I guess SSC will send you a new box for free. Unless you're outside the US. Then you get nothing.

Ok, lack of styrofoam in the shipping box is concerning...I mean, this is really necessary to keep the item Mint and with the cost of it and all, that is the least they can do...I am annoyed with this tidbit

Well mine is here, and I don't think I have any loose joints on mine, but the belt is a bit more brown than I'd like. It's not weathering, it IS a reaction from the fabric. Overall though I really like it, and if the head is anything to judge how Indy comes out.. then DAMN am I gonna be one happy camper! :woo

I can't tell in the pictures, but is there a place to hang his lightsaber on his belt? It looks like there isn't... I may use the Jedi belt if that is the case...

I can't tell in the pictures, but is there a place to hang his lightsaber on his belt? It looks like there isn't... I may use the Jedi belt if that is the case...

Nope, no belt clip. I really wanna get a second one though to make an ATOC Obi Wan though.

What the heck does he do with his lightsaber when he's in the armor, stick it in his pants like spies do their guns in the movies? Oh well, I think it'll look pretty cool using the Jedi belt.

Nope, no belt clip. I really wanna get a second one though to make an ATOC Obi Wan though.

Exactly why I've got a Regular coming :)

As far as the belt clip, anyone know if the saber is designed for the clips on the other Jedi belts? I have a spare ROTS Obi-Wan belt and might rip off the clip and glue it onto the spare Clone belt, see how it looks.

Exactly why I've got a Regular coming :)

As far as the belt clip, anyone know if the saber is designed for the clips on the other Jedi belts? I have a spare ROTS Obi-Wan belt and might rip off the clip and glue it onto the spare Clone belt, see how it looks.

So far I want a second CW Obi, a second ANH Leia.. I think that's it at the moment though. :lol

Back